200 series exhaust system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have a video of how this sounds?

Ok, created a youtube channel and uploaded the clip. Here is the link:

Let me know if you have any issues viewing it. Thanks!

thats with the aftermarket exhaust and the rear muffler deleted? Sounds great! Any drone issues when driving?

Thanks Milaad. So essentially, the only modifications done to the LC were both the stock muffler and rear resonator were removed. Then, a new Magnaflow muffler was welded into place and a pipe was welded on where the rear resonator used to be. The remaining exhaust piping is all stock. Not a true cat-back exhaust, but more of a muffler replacement and resonator delete. Fine for my needs. I do notice it is significantly louder inside with most of the drone around 1800-2500 rpm. I actually like the sound, although some people may not agree. I would compare it to my old '12 Tundra 5.7 with the MBRP cat-back exhaust. Similar sound and drone.

Thanks Milaad. So essentially, the only modifications done to the LC were both the stock muffler and rear resonator were removed. Then, a new Magnaflow muffler was welded into place and a pipe was welded on where the rear resonator used to be. The remaining exhaust piping is all stock. Not a true cat-back exhaust, but more of a muffler replacement and resonator delete. Fine for my needs. I do notice it is significantly louder inside with most of the drone around 1800-2500 rpm. I actually like the sound, although some people may not agree. I would compare it to my old '12 Tundra 5.7 with the MBRP cat-back exhaust. Similar sound and drone.
Love it but can I pass smog in CA with the same setup?

Love it but can I pass smog in CA with the same setup?
I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to pass ca smog. The emissions components were not changed so there shouldn’t be any difference in output. However, if you have a strict smog guy, they may fail the visual. Not sure, but I’m not worried about it.

I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to pass ca smog. The emissions components were not changed so there shouldn’t be any difference in output. However, if you have a strict smog guy, they may fail the visual. Not sure, but I’m not worried about it.
Ok thanks. That’s what I was hoping to hear. If you don’t mind sharing, how much did your muffler shop charge for all the work?

Ok thanks. That’s what I was hoping to hear. If you don’t mind sharing, how much did your muffler shop charge for all the work?
Don't mind at all, they got me for $300 out the door.

No problem, hope it helped!

DirtyDeedsIndustries.com

there will be an adjustable helmholtz resonator added to this prototype this afternoon. I’ll R&D all day tomorrow.

the drone is very slight and I could probably get away without even running a helmholtz. But I’m trying for perfection;)
8106B0A2-CEC8-4B00-AD67-96DA66962AF7.jpeg
2DC6F2D3-B71D-4346-83E4-6D2C46B0E149.jpeg
03E41D4F-5820-47C1-8EEE-E305A0898FBD.jpeg
03E41D4F-5820-47C1-8EEE-E305A0898FBD.jpeg
E941C1F5-530A-4DB4-B6A9-A3D0043C14F8.jpeg
F65E27F5-B4F0-4668-B1A3-748916FFF5B1.jpeg

Will It pass state inspection?

Please post video/audio of a drive by, idle from a distance, and preferably in cab.

Nice welds. Some of the nicest welds you'll ever see are often on exhausts, which means that nobody will ever see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom