Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No if you change the angle of the front panhard without addressing the drag link all it will do is induce bump steer.
Phil were you going to make some caster plates before I pull the trigger and order them.

Phil were you going to make some caster plates before I pull the trigger and order them.

Ken sadly I need to tell you to buy them. With steel tariffs getting ready to hit all the local shops are running 3-4 behind if they will even take the work.

Installed my 4x4 labs rear bumper Saturday. Nice and easy install, well if you forget the part about the tow hook, bolt, 1/2" extension and impact wrench hitting you in the mouth while pulling off the hitch. :hillbilly:. Nice unit and impressive gain in ground clearance! Now just have to figure out how/what to wire to it for backup lights and license plate lighting.

Installed my 4x4 labs rear bumper Saturday. Nice and easy install, well if you forget the part about the tow hook, bolt, 1/2" extension and impact wrench hitting you in the mouth while pulling off the hitch. :hillbilly:. Nice unit and impressive gain in ground clearance! Now just have to figure out how/what to wire to it for backup lights and license plate lighting.
Pics?

As requested!
20180704_130341.jpg
20180704_130352.jpg

Yes, removed by rack before the garage door header did it for me. Got a couple inches to spare now. Also use the antenna as a measuring stick, it is an inch or two higher than the roof, if it hits, I don't go!

Went out testing the new Delta PanHard bracket. Excellent product now available on our web site:clap:

IMG_8073.JPG
IMG_8055.JPG
IMG_8059.jpg

Looks like I need some more cutting on my front control arms or maybe some new @Delta VS front control arms:hmm:

IMG_8080.JPG

Phil, do you need bump stops on one side or both? I would think you would lose a little articulation with the bump stop(s), did you notice anything? Finally, how did it drive?

Phil, does the Delta bracket bolt in easily? Wondering how much time to allot for that addition. Anything you would do or change?

I do like the custom plate.

Phil, does the Delta bracket bolt in easily? Wondering how much time to allot for that addition. Anything you would do or change?

I do like the custom plate.

I would estimate time to about ~45min. No other change is needed the bracket is top shelf.

Phil, do you need bump stops on one side or both? I would think you would lose a little articulation with the bump stop(s), did you notice anything? Finally, how did it drive?

From my measurement/testing bumpstop/s are not needed but the clearance will be very close if you dont run something. In many lifts the shock is the bumpstop.:eek:

I run 1.75 bumpstop on the rear and I think my set up articulates just fine.

Having your rear end not moving side to side when you hit a bump is a win. Any lifted 80 series will benefit from this bracket in terms of driveability.

You can save a few dollars by avoiding shipping and pick up or just click the link

Land Cruiser Products - LCP

I'd really like to install my lift this weekend. But the only place I can do it is work, anyone down to help possibly? We would be in a warehouse with swamp coolers.

I'd really like to install my lift this weekend. But the only place I can do it is work, anyone down to help possibly? We would be in a warehouse with swamp coolers.

Do you also have a lift or will you be using floor jacks? Air tools?

Jack and jack stands. But my jack stands might be too small. Only hand tools.

You will want 2 jack stands with min. capability of 24". Without jack stands, floor jack, and air tools this is a lot of work. You also will need a #200 torque wrench.

You will want 2 jack stands with min. capability of 24". Without jack stands, floor jack, and air tools this is a lot of work. You also will need a #200 torque wrench.

I have a floor jack, but the jack stands might not be tall enough. We could figure a way to use the forklift to lift the rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom