fj62 / 3fe cooling hose diagram ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have complete diagrams with part numbers for cooling hoses on the fj62 with 3fe. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what goes where. I've tried searching and i own the 1988 toyota repair manual pub RM080U and it doesnt help

Did water pump / thermostat / new radiator and oil cooler hoses. Thanks!

Something like this?

3FE Cooling.jpg

Ive got that one,
I think i figured out my main stumbling block
99556-30300(15777) is cut to length for the oil cooler to pipe / pipe to water pump I think that clears up 90% of my confusion
A diagram of the heater hoses to firewall etc might be helpful if anyone has them

Sounds like you have this. Oil cooler plumbing.
oil cooler.jpg

So a lot of me tripping up was with some radiator shop using a crazy bend in place of toyota part # 99556-30300. I got that all sorted out.

For rear seat heat on the FJ62 i have it cobbled together for now. I am going to try half inch 180 degree(ish) bends from gates 18460 (has a compound bend but should work)

I found this from Gates a visual ID of all the hoses they make with ID and length. I'll report back on rear seat hoses for an fj62 (the image above by 4cruisers appears to be fj60)

https://assets.gates.com/content/da...gs/gates-molded-coolant-hose-id-guide_web.pdf

So a lot of me tripping up was with some radiator shop using a crazy bend in place of toyota part # 99556-30300. I got that all sorted out.

For rear seat heat on the FJ62 i have it cobbled together for now. I am going to try half inch 180 degree(ish) bends from gates 18460 (has a compound bend but should work)

I found this from Gates a visual ID of all the hoses they make with ID and length. I'll report back on rear seat hoses for an fj62 (the image above by 4cruisers appears to be fj60)

https://assets.gates.com/content/da...gs/gates-molded-coolant-hose-id-guide_web.pdf

No, that's the FJ62 diagram. Here's the FJ60 diagram:

FJ60 Rear Heater Piping and Hoses.png

The FJ62 rear heater is under the center console, the FJ60 heater is under the passenger seat.

So, I’m looking at these diagrams and I’m trying to figure out where my 88 FJ62 is leaking from. Heard a hissing noise from the back of the motor around the firewall. All the visible hoses seem to be fine and leak free but it’s leaking from somewhere and draining out over the Bell housing of the transmission. The green arrow is where I hear the “hissing”

FDB4BCB9-6CA1-4433-911E-7654466D21B2.jpeg

FD48B1CE-B258-4C90-A1F5-EA3E78B5D9D0.jpeg

So, I’m looking at these diagrams and I’m trying to figure out where my 88 FJ62 is leaking from. Heard a hissing noise from the back of the motor around the firewall. All the visible hoses seem to be fine and leak free but it’s leaking from somewhere and draining out over the Bell housing of the transmission. The green arrow is where I hear the “hissing”

View attachment 1822838

View attachment 1822839

From the plug on the back of the 3FE?

I’m trying to ID a part number for these two hoses, for an FJ62.The return line for the water pump is pissing coolant, so I figure it’s a good time to do both.

BF5FD57A-DDB2-4E97-A51B-E1B22212982A.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom