Water Can Spigot Solution (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

so, version 2.0:

$4 amazon spigot and $0.19 1.5" OD washer

open the hole to 3/4" and ream it smooth

reuse standard spout gasket on washer and assemble the spigot with the spout's cover.

works well, but spout is a scosh long for fully level storage (hence the rotopax bent adaptor, but that one is $illy expen$ive)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UAFpo6L41zptRrgCA

:cool:

I'd be worried about messing up the threads on the can side if I was taking it apart all the time and with the ball valve itself torquing the cap all the time; that's some soft plastic. Keep us informed on the long term durability of your system.
Well 9 years later and it still works great, so I'm going to call it good. I keep the valve assembly in a heavy ziplock bag in my tailgate so I actually can find it when I need it.

So you want to consume man made Estrogen compounds? Not me. That's some scary s***.

Great thread. Lots of good options I didn't know about.
Most non-state-of-the-art or top tier water treatment plants even in the States cannot adequately remove many pharmaceuticals, thus the estrogen mimics (and many others) are detectable in many fresh water sources as well...it's the world we live in.

I use this nozzle on my 20L scepter cans and it works great:

Water Can Dispensing Nozzle for use with Scepter Water Cans

The little section of hose is nice for aiming the stream of water depending on what you are filling.
I use this one on my scepter. After a four day trip last week/weekend I think I'm done using it. The can leaks, the spout leaks, and I hate how the vent is right next to the spout.
I think I'm going to try a Reliance 7 Gallon style https://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Pro...rd_wg=cEmtt&psc=1&refRID=FS11GVZTGMFGMFG874MM

I use this one on my scepter. After a four day trip last week/weekend I think I'm done using it. The can leaks, the spout leaks, and I hate how the vent is right next to the spout.
I think I'm going to try a Reliance 7 Gallon style Amazon product ASIN B000GKDFH4
Those are pretty good, BUT, the vent plug will eventually break. This is my main beef with so many jerrys. A wire nut is a decent temp-perm fix though. :)

**EDIT**

Turns out, my gear store sells Reliance vent plugs for like $0.79
SAWEETNESS!!!
1c8856ff-f1b5-4b08-bc13-0cd70bc9c8c7_1.eb7a26f8cfaccbdf19d524f2e9f9909b.jpeg

Fixed my two jerrys!!

Last edited:
I think I'm going to try a Reliance 7 Gallon style https://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Pro...rd_wg=cEmtt&psc=1&refRID=FS11GVZTGMFGMFG874MM

I have that Reliance and the cube style Reliance can as well. Both caps and spigots have to be tightented like a mofo in order to prevent leaking, which puts the faucet almost horz vs vertical. Not a biggy but with enough teflon tape, I bet the orientation can be corrected.

Make it stupid simple. No need to modify anything. Just screw it on and use. View attachment 945680 View attachment 945681

@NLXTACY - How much does the water jug expand when you pressurize it? I'm all over this idea,
I've got a nice Canadian Military Sceptre Can like yours that I've been meaning to put to use, was going to stick in
the rear rack when I head out. Also, do you have food grade hose with that? Did you swap the nozzle like @MANUCHAO did?
Should have realized you both would have the same idea.

@NLXTACY - How much does the water jug expand when you pressurize it? I'm all over this idea,
I've got a nice Canadian Military Sceptre Can like yours that I've been meaning to put to use, was going to stick in
the rear rack when I head out. Also, do you have food grade hose with that? Did you swap the nozzle like @MANUCHAO did?
Should have realized you both would have the same idea.
the can deforms significantly when pressurized.... but the sprayer top does seem to do the trick

It will be wedged into the rack so just won’t be able to pull the jugs off when its pressurized.
Kind of an anti-theft device! LOL!
As the sun helps secure your fuel Jerry racked up too. 😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom