What did you do on your 70 series today? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed some triple bellow airbags in the rear to help with load carrying. Working range os 0 - 150 psi. They certainly help with body roll when loaded.

Just put a set on my 60. They sure are nice! Good choice. Next week I load it up and take off for big trip see how they
really do.

IMG_5590.jpg

Was out running errands in the Troopy, and came across these old guys. Got my emissions test (passed) and VIN verification, so went to the DMV and got my title.

Installed new stereo with BT (since city of Austin requires hand free talking) and my old Sony tape deck had its limitations. I haven't done a stereo install since like 1992... took me while to figure out all the wires...also ordered PS pump rebuild kit

Got pulled over by the South Carolina Highway Patrol and given a warning for speeding

No seriously ....

Quit laughing, it could happen ..... :flipoff2:

36 in a 30.

And he walked up to the wrong side. Had to roll the passenger side window down to talk to him. :rofl:

Got pulled over by the South Carolina Highway Patrol and given a warning for speeding

No seriously ....

36 in a 30.

And he walked up to the wrong side. Had to roll the passenger side window down to talk to him. :rofl:

You need to learn how to control all of that horsepower. You're no longer dealing with a puny 13B-T. :)

Do you have side on photo ? how much lift and tyre size ?
Im going too start on my shorty soon so will take a photo of it side on with 31s and stock springs 350,000 old too compare.
Thanks

This is my 1990 on the original springs with 31s...its done 350,000..il do springs soon but im not sure about bigger tyres... New Zealand is hilly and they might kill it.

1530395861945.jpg

1530395906728.jpg

Did the tire carrier flip mod and mounted the spare, not relly liking it hitting the rear wiper.
Is it possible to use a small spacer or something to push it away from the wiper?

lilblue003.jpg

This is my 1990 on the original springs with 31s...its done 350,000..il do springs soon but im not sure about bigger tyres... New Zealand is hilly and they might kill it.

View attachment 1734014

View attachment 1734016
31's to 35's make a huge difference i tried it for kicks one day and it did go better on the smaller tires. I run a 1hz turbo intercooled and 35s normally and its got plenty of power for the hills. I'm presuming that you have a 1hz na?

Did the tire carrier flip mod and mounted the spare, not relly liking it hitting the rear wiper.
Is it possible to use a small spacer or something to push it away from the wiper?

View attachment 1735060
Yes. I used a couple of small spacers available at most AutoZone, O’reillys' etc ....

G'Day Fella's,

In anticipation of Winter weather starting to cool down, I drained the Corrosion Inhibitor from my BJ 73 (3B).
I then flushed out the coolant system with clean water and filled it up with 7 liters of Anti-Freeze and Demineralised Water.

I also replaced both the fan belts, with new ones.
Further to this, have a look in the general section of the 70 Series part of this forum ("BJ73 Fan Belt replacement issues"), for details of the replacement Alternator belt. The traditional and Old OEM belt is no longer available, so I ended up installing a new and slightly longer Alternator belt.

D'oh!
Homer

No seriously ....

36 in a 30.

Did you pull the "my speedometer is in kilometers and I'm still learning the conversion in my head" story?:)

Did you pull the "my speedometer is in kilometers and I'm still learning the conversion in my head" story?:)
I would have gladly taken the speeding ticket. After all, getting a speeding ticket in a diesel powered 70 Series is one of those "once in a lifetime" occurrences (kinda like seeing Bigfoot). It's something you could tell your kids and grandkids.
The story would start off by saying "there I was minding my own business while cruising down the road at a blistering
36mph and out of nowhere here comes the man." :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom