Scored 2007 Unicorn. The holy grail of 100 series. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been looking for THAT part! Ordering from my Toyota dealer today.
That one is RR (right rear) left is different PN#.
81311-33010 Lens, Courtesy Lamp LR
81231-33010 Lens, Courtesy Lamp RR

They may work for front doors also:idea: IDK.

That one is RR (right rear) left is different PN#.
81311-33010 Lens, Courtesy Lamp LR
81231-33010 Lens, Courtesy Lamp RR

They may work for front doors also:idea: IDK.

Thanks! I'll have to research the fronts. I'm missing all four and it has been bugging me. Don't like my rig looking like a hoopty.

I applied some of the Red-N-tacky grease to rear upper brake pipe at flare nut that I replaced. Just a rust PM in the event flare tool broken coating of hard line.
013.JPG

Continued with daily paint touch up. Wiping overage with urethane and then dabbing in more paint. I've only a few days left. Then I'll bake in the sun for 3 day before cutting paint with my DA buffer & correcting compound. Sunbaking will speed up curing, reducing amount of paint that will get lifted out with DA buffer
002.JPG

I'm in crunch week, finishing up a very long and extensive restore.

Tires and TPS:

So checking off last of list, first was tire and TPS. I had one bad of the five TPS that needed replacing and 4 tires that needed swapping. So took to tire shop fully expected them to say I should replace all TPS based on age as they always have. But they actually recommended I not. Seems ID numbers indicate at least some are not factory originals, and the four other batteries test as good. So we just replaced one TPS, saving a few $. But they nailed me for swapping 8 tires, I was wronging thinking they'd only charge for 4.

Touch-up paint application finished:

So I've had to call it on touch up paint. I need some drying time to do my final cut & wax. If not dry enough, to much paint will lift out during final cut. I've been counting on the hot sun is speeding the process up, and sun didn't disappoint. Hitting 104 F OAT today on test drive. Hottest few days I've seen in years, and after old high OAT of 50F 5 days ago.

It still so hot & dry tonight I can't cut with correcting compound as it will drys to fast. I'll go at in the early morning.

Coils:

We did decide to replace all coils and I'm glad we did replace all 8 coils.
001.JPG
003.JPG
005.JPG

Peeled back the stick on label to see what's underneath ...... Hummm
006.JPG

007.JPG

The coil came to me on three different days, from different sources (just the way it worked-out). One on first day the 26th, six on the 27th and last one on day 3 the 28th of June.

So too know which came from where in event of issue. I place the first one from the 26th on cylinder #1, the one from the 3rd day on cylinder #3 and the 6 on the balance of cylinders.

I took out on test drive in the heat of the day and monitored fuel trims, once I had the new Denso coils in.

I noticed better balance between bank 1 and bank 2 fuel trims. I notice idle just a little steadier, most noticeable while stopped at light in "D". Also notice it started a little pepier. Also has just a little smoother acceleration onto HWY. These are just incremental changes only few would even notice as I do.

Feeling and seeing the difference, albeit small, has convinced me old coils even though not even misfiring, they do loose some spark and fire unevenly.

Last edited:
Here are the final pictures:

The body & paint is about as good as I've seen on 11 year old, but not perfect. The sides & back are the best I've seen and near perfect. The LH fender as mentioned above had some poor PDR done, where paint is cracked. It also has what appears to be a spot that paint is etched from egg hit that remain to long. I was able to soften appearance and protect, but it's visible from 10' away. Same goes for chips, scratches and etching in clear coat (bird, sap, windshield washer fluid, etc) in hood. None of witch shows in picture very well, nore from 20' away.

I'm going to try and get some better pictures later but camera is on it's last leg, so not sure I can.
002.JPG
003.JPG
005.JPG
007.JPG
006.JPG

Looks great Paul!

Thanks guys, for the kind words and following my thread. It was my biggest mechanical project to date. I feel I get better with each new project, I'm sure learning more with each!

Dace, replacing the coils was a good idea. Hard to say if replacing the o2's would have yield any more. It really felt good getting on the HWY today, tons of power with very smooth acceleration. We (my GF & I) were going to take a test run up to Vail. But traffic was backing-up wb I/70 at Evergreen. So head the back way to Conifer so we could drop down 285 to Salida. Darn iphone GPS kept sending back to Dever. Found out iphone was correct, 285 detour due to fire.

All in all put ~100 miles on today, up and down the hills and in the turns. It handled beautifully, very stabile. Rebuilding the stabilizer systems was worth it for sure. I couldn't ask for better!.

The Unicorn is done!:beer:

NEXT:

Dace, I purchased the 2011 you dropped me off in Glenwood Springs for last January. I need to get working on it now, as I never intended to keep this long. Originally the The Unicorn was going to just be get it run and out of the shop, so I could work on the 200. But the Unicorn move to front of the line, since I took a deposit on it.

I also bought a no start 2000 LX w/595K Km on the clock last week, that needs hualing out of the mountains. Not sure if I'll part or fix up, but it will not be a restore at this time.

Buying a sweet 07LC out of TX I just put a deposit on. That I will be restoring soon, so stay tuned.

Also working on a 06LC deal as I type this.

I don't know when to stop, I'm sick!!!!:love:

So I'll have 3 or 4 in the stable in week or so to get working on. Not sure where I'll park them all.;)

It looks fantastic Paul, congrats on bringing another one across the finish line.

"Finish line" Humm, I like that. Thanks!

Sometimes I wonder if I actually "cross the line". Seems no matter how much I do, there something I think I missed, forgot or could do better. I'm mean I'm never 100% satisfied.

I don't know when to stop, I'm sick!!!!:love:

You definitely have been inflicted! For sure in a good way though.;)

With your stable increasing by so much it sounds like it's time for a warehouse!

I look forward to your work on the next vehicles in line. It will also be nice to hear about your thoughts on the 200 v. 100 series when you get deeper in your 200.

Butters(TBK) is running great(no surprise) so I haven't taken the time to put the Denso TT plugs in. That plus I've been monitoring the MPGs to get a comparison when I do switch. I've been getting 16mpg consistently with a moderately easy throttle. I can't imagine getting much better than that realistically...

You definitely have been inflicted! For sure in a good way though.;)

With your stable increasing by so much it sounds like it's time for a warehouse!

I look forward to your work on the next vehicles in line. It will also be nice to hear about your thoughts on the 200 v. 100 series when you get deeper in your 200.

Butters(TBK) is running great(no surprise) so I haven't taken the time to put the Denso TT plugs in. That plus I've been monitoring the MPGs to get a comparison when I do switch. I've been getting 16mpg consistently with a moderately easy throttle. I can't imagine getting much better than that realistically...
My GF is reminding I've not the room for two much less 4. But sometimes I just see something in one that I can't pass up. I'm really needing to punch a hole through the shop into backyard and build a new second bigger shop with lift.

"Butters", I'm betting your GF name it!

Glad to hear it's running well, and I know it's in good hand. I was thinking a fuel injector service by FIS and new fuel pressure regulator would be a good idea for Butters. But consistently getting 16 mpg indicates fuel injectors and FPR in good shape.

As far as the 200 just by observation and driving. Well it's very nice with lots of power and tons of cool stuff. My GF likes it better than any I've had. My favorite is still the 100 series. We'll both see how it stack ups as work begins.

"Butters", I'm betting your GF name it!

Yep. Short for Butter Tank. She says because it rides like butter and feels solid as a tank!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom