I have an FJ40 and an FJ55, but am looking at the older Tundras (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am currently looking at several Tundras in the 2000-2005 year range. Are there any significant differences in those years, and any I should shy away from?

I am currently looking at several Tundras in the 2000-2005 year range. Are there any significant differences in those years, and any I should shy away from?

I have a 05 Double cab limited

& a 03 Access cab SR5

U want to focus on a 2005-2006 as Desired , they were the last update body style refinements & mechanical as well

stay away from a V6 , there under powered in my opinion

only grab a 4.7 V8

both of mine are ATM's & 4x4's

the rims on the 2005 blue truck are 2014 FJ cruiser wheels
K&N cold air intake , Borla Dual Exhaust

the Grey 03 is stock

DSCN5761.JPG
DSCN0039.JPG

Pretty much as with anything, but the newest one you can afford. Engine, transmission, brakes, all got better through the years. So say 03 and up is what you should look for. Loved my 2000 but it definitely had “new model” quirks to it.

The 2005 and 06 trucks have 5 speed transmission's and vvti 4.7 engines. I love my 06 double cab!

Good stuff. These trucks have their quirks but are pretty great as a "do-it-all" truck.

Ended up purchasing a 2001 in Ohio, and drove it back to Arizona in 2 days. Am very pleased so far.

:clap:

Just bought a super clean '03 access cab last week. We were toying with the idea of replacing the Dodge (but not serious yet), and one of those "Look what I found on Craigslist" adds popped up. I was the lucky first caller.

001.JPG
003.JPG
005.JPG

Last edited:
Lucky find !

I love those trucks. Bigger than a Taco but smaller than an 07 up Tundra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom