possible to retrofit 3rd row seats in a GX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

txgringo

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a GX470 that did not come with 3rd row seats. We it had them and now need the extra seats and we're exploring options to add them. Does anyone know if this is a bolt-in option?

You would have to get all new side panels with the right moulding and the bolt down latch assemblies, etc.

If you found someone with the same color interior a swap would be easiest. All the mounting points are in the body already.

I have a GX470 that did not come with 3rd row seats. We it had them and now need the extra seats and we're exploring options to add them. Does anyone know if this is a bolt-in option?
Can you come over to Pagosa, I have a set in storage and we can see what’s what. Right now I am just so busy with getting stuff ready for the Exit realty in Durango and my Arctic Ocean trip

Do you have the mounts on the floor and on the sides?

Last edited:
Can you come over to Pagosa, I have a set in storage and we can see what’s what. Right now I am just so busy with getting stuff ready for the Exit realty in Durango and my Arctic Ocean trip

Do you have the mounts on the floor and on the sides?

Hey Bruce, I was just in Pagosa yesterday! I'll check with you to see when we can get together and check this stuff out.

I can't recall what color interior you have; is it tan or grey? Also, do you still have the 3rd row seat belts as well?

Hey Bruce, I was just in Pagosa yesterday! I'll check with you to see when we can get together and check this stuff out.

I can't recall what color interior you have; is it tan or grey? Also, do you still have the 3rd row seat belts as well?
Tan. Also the biggest problem might be the seat belts

If you literally gut and swap everything it will all bolt over. The above head belt won't work as the donor would be left with a hole.

I have the same issue as txgringo above. Is there anybody in and around the New York City area they would be interested ina similar swap as above?
If so, please hit me up!
Tks

I have the same issue as txgringo above. Is there anybody in and around the New York City area they would be interested ina similar swap as above?
If so, please hit me up!
Tks
Well, I'm in Michigan if you want to make the drive. The weather is lovely this time of year :rofl:.

I have a tan interior and would be interested in gutting the rear to swap for a non third row option.

Well, I'm in Michigan if you want to make the drive. The weather is lovely this time of year :rofl:.

I have a tan interior and would be interested in gutting the rear to swap for a non third row option.
If we could figure out how easy it is to do / how heavy the lift is, I’d be happy to meet you half way! Fancy a road trip to Pittsburgh?!

does anyone know how long this takes to do / have any guidance on the process?!

If it were me I'd get an aftermarket jump seat and add it when needed. I'll probably remove mine and store them cause I'll probably never use them.

Mine sit in storage, took them out about a week after I got the truck.

If we could figure out how easy it is to do / how heavy the lift is, I’d be happy to meet you half way! Fancy a road trip to Pittsburgh?!

does anyone know how long this takes to do / have any guidance on the process?!
Tempting. Removing the trim, seats, carpet, and brackets takes an hour or less depending on your motivation. I’ve removed mine a few times to run some electrical components. Currently just running a homemade set of drawers back there.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom