What did you do on your 70 series today? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, triple-post, not sure what I did there...

I haven't posted my weekly progress with the Troopy in many months so here's a summary.
Over the spring I replaced all the seals, repacked bearings, regreased and added an ARB locker to the front axle. I also replaced all the tie rod ends, the drag link and the front shocks. I went to stock steel wheels with 255/85R16 BFG KM2s. Then I drove it to Vegas for a long weekend then the Overland Expo a month later.
fullsizeoutput_80e.jpeg

Too early for a build thread but I figured I'd post this. Not exactly 70 series content but soon to be. Picked up the first piece of the 70 series project I'll be doing with Ian @RMP&O It's a triple locked '93 80-series, took a hit to the side but missed the frame completely. It's exactly what I was after, a locked, FF rear, 80 from California with zero rust. It'll get the suspension freshened up, frame stretched and plopped on a 70... hopefully. Already ordered front and rear axle rebuild parts (birfs, bearings, seals, brakes, wheel studs, axle studs, ect...) It drives really well. Actually was my first time driving an 80, now I know why people love these things; they're pretty damn fantastic. Even with a gaping hole in the side. Front door still works as do both windows oddly enough. Thank god for noise canceling headphones, came in handy for the 10 hour drive back to Utah. I think I'll daily drive it until I leave for the middle east next month.

7w5iTTT.jpg

moYo1CJ.jpg

Nice Tony, good to see you made it home! Always good to have a rust free chassis to work with, only way to go in my opinion.

MnnnnnMnnnnn, locked 80-series chassis with a 70-series on it! Lot's more in the works but I will let Tony spill those beans. ;)

Cheers

Welcome!

BC or Alberta?

Nice Tony, good to see you made it home! Always good to have a rust free chassis to work with, only way to go in my opinion.

MnnnnnMnnnnn, locked 80-series chassis with a 70-series on it! Lot's more in the works but I will let Tony spill those beans. ;)

Cheers

The Beans: The plan is a de-rusted and painted LHD '93 Troopy with a '07+ nose on a refreshed and stretched '93 triple locked 80 frame with an L92, 6L80E, HF2AV, dual tanks, maybe an Alu-Cab Hercules if I don't run out of cash... but at this rate I probably will. :D The parts are rolling in already. Already got two calls from my bank asking about suspicious, large, debit card charges. :confused:

G'Day Fella's,

Yesterday I had 3x new BF Goodridge All-Terrain TA tyres, fitted to the Battle Cruiser (2x front and a new spare), to match the rear.
And I also ordered new fan belts (x2, have to come from Japan)-BJ-73.

Avagreatweekendeh!
Homer

The Beans: The plan is a de-rusted and painted LHD '93 Troopy with a '07+ nose on a refreshed and stretched '93 triple locked 80 frame with an L92, 6L80E, HF2AV, dual tanks, maybe an Alu-Cab Hercules if I don't run out of cash... but at this rate I probably will. :D The parts are rolling in already. Already got two calls from my bank asking about suspicious, large, debit card charges. :confused:

Probably going to be the first and only 6.2L v8, 6-speed auto, full time 4wd, coil sprung, triple locked Troopy with a 78-series front clip in the country!!

:smokin:

Cheers

Possibly the world?
It'll be quite the hodgepodge of greatness.
Project: Piss off the Purists

Haha, start the thread! Perfect title! ;)

You got sixty or so pics of the Troopy and piles of parts starting to show up.

Cheers

1,000 mile road trip! Coastal Northern California to back home in Colorado without incident. The Troopy just hums along, eating up the miles. Of course, my wife was days ahead of me by the time we got to CO, since she was driving the RAV4--exactly 3x the power of the Troopy! lol!

Day 1: Getting Fuel in CA
View attachment 1720227

Somewhere along the way:

View attachment 1720228

Arriving in Colorado:

View attachment 1720229
Super clean Troopy. Very nice.....

Camped on the Klickitat. First Troopy camping trip.

Klickatat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom