Eezi-Awn K9 Rack Pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to pull the trigger on a K9 rack and I'm deciding between two sizes:

The narrower 2.2m x 1250mm (87" x 49") or the wider 2.2m x 1400mm (87" x 55").

Two questions:

(1) Does anyone have reasons for/against one or the other?

(2) Anyone have pictures of a 200 series with a 1400mm wide rack?

I think the following images are of a 2.2 x 1250mm.

2.2a.JPG
2.2b.JPG
2.2c.JPG

I’m pretty sure the Equipt 200 has a 1400mm rack. There’s a video on their home page.

I ended up just going with Thule load bars but when I was considering a K9 and roof top tent, the 1250 was pretty much covered 100% with no space left, even on the edges, to mount other stuff. I wanted an awning and my only hope was the 1400.

If you go 55” wide, just know that it will stick out on the sides...extending out about as far as the bottom of the roll-down window base part of the door does. This means several inches wider than the roof top on each side.

Personally, I don’t think I’d want to go that wide. For one thing...mounting a shovel etc on the side would stick out too far...scrape rocks/trees in tight spots. Also...since the k9 rack’s slats go from-to-back (instead of sideways), there is no way to free up the space over the sun roof if you preferred. Many racks have adjustable slats to allow this.

This is the ONE thing making me hesitate in consideration of the k9.

...Also...since the k9 rack’s slats go from-to-back (instead of sideways), there is no way to free up the space over the sun roof if you preferred. Many racks have adjustable slats to allow this. This is the ONE thing making me hesitate in consideration of the k9.

I've had sunroofs in my 62, 80 and 200 and never opened them or even opened the shade, so I don't think I'll miss that option. I'm thinking that I might like the option to leave the sunroof open with the rack over it on hot days (ventilation and theft deterrent).

I was drawn to the front-to-back bars as I often carry a canoe and hope that the nose of the boat with slide forward easier.

Last edited:
I've had sunroofs in my 62, 80 and 200 and never opened them or even opened the shade, so I don't think I'll miss that option. I'm thinking that I might like the option to leave the sunroof open with the rack over it on hot days (ventilation and theft deterrent).

I was drawn to the front-to-back bars as I often carry a canoe and hope that the nose of the boat with slide forward easier.

Yeah, there are certainly pluses and minuses. For me, being a tall driver, I often like to open the sunroof when driving through deep slot canyons since it gives an easy view of the walls high above. I also like the option to pop out the top... seated on the center console… With my big telephoto lens. It’s a great spot to grab wildlife photos on short notice.

Clearly you have already thought through your needs, though, and it makes sense in that aspect. I’m fairly certain that the front to back slats will also cause less wind noise… So there’s that too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom