Going for a drive Saturday June 16th - Tobacco Roots (again) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
backcountryadventuretime.com
Not an official club ride
Due to unexpected interest (this is great i'm truly surprised)Going to cap the ride off and say sorry no more room. Worried about congestion on the trail and seeing as how I'm not 100% certain what the conditions will be like on Saturday. Sounds like a strong crew for the drive!

I will be going on a drive on Saturday June 16th. Sounds like @NutcaseAdam is in as well.
Plan is to leave Mama Macs in 4 corners @ Noon

Tentative route is to head up the road to the Sureshot lakes and see how far we get before getting stopped by snow. I have been told that we should make it up to the top until it starts going down the shadow side where we will encounter snow at some point. We likely wont make it too far into the snow section but I willing to try. Or at least check it out. Red route on the map

If time permits: We also might try to drive up the road to the twin lakes and see if we can make it farther then 100 yards up the trail. lol. May just be a soupy wet mess because the forecast is rain last i checked. Green route on the map. There are some pretty decent sized rocks but i doubt we could make it that far

I've done similar drives and its relatively short drive out there and we should be back 5-6 at the latest I would presume.

Adam and I talked about going to a brewery afterwards.

Please have a working vehicle with recovery gear as we may or not get you stuck in snow at some point. Winch is not required but makes things easier if you have one. Please have a CB at the least. Adam and I are set up for HAM.

Anyone feel free to chime in if you have been up there in the last couple of days or want to share info, Thanks
-Aaron

Attending:
@ttFJC
@NutcaseAdam
@RoverChris
@REZARF
@H E A V Y M E T A L
@Tanaman
@adventurefamly

AEC0BBB9-C6E8-446F-8139-65EBA258F0B3.jpeg

Last edited:
We camped past sureshot three weeks ago,
It's clear till you get into the trees then there was significant snow pack. Camped at south meadow last weekend. You can get to the lake.

I will be going on a drive on Saturday June 16th. Sounds like @NutcaseAdam is in as well.
Plan is to leave Mama Macs in 4 corners @ Noon

Tentative route is to head up the road to the Sureshot lakes and see how far we get before getting stopped by snow. I have been told that we should make it up to the top until it starts going down the shadow side where we will encounter snow at some point. We likely wont make it too far into the snow section but I willing to try. Or at least check it out.

We also might try to drive up the road to the twin lakes and see if we can make it farther then 100 yards up the trail. lol. May just be a soupy wet mess because the forecast is rain last i checked.

I've done similar drives and its relatively short drive out there and we should be back 5-6 at the latest I would presume.

Adam and I talked about going to a brewery afterwards.

Anyone who is interested in tagging along is welcome. Please have a working vehicle with recovery gear as we may or not get you stuck in snow at some point. Winch is not required but makes things easier if you have one. Please have a CB at the least. Adam and I are set up for HAM.

Short notice I realize but ah well..

Anyone feel free to chime in if you have been up there in the last couple of days or want to share info, Thanks
-Aaron

Attending:
@ttFJC
@NutcaseAdam

maybe:

Too cool because i'm at Rubithon
@JohnnyOshow22 ;)
You wish you were this cool!

I discussed this with the he Mrs. and it looks like I’ll be able to get the afternoon free. Is this gonna be a winchfest/snow bashing trail or is it something my boys could tag along and enjoy?

They aren’t big big enough to help with a shovel yet ;)

I discussed this with the he Mrs. and it looks like I’ll be able to get the afternoon free. Is this gonna be a winchfest/snow bashing trail or is it something my boys could tag along and enjoy?

They aren’t big big enough to help with a shovel yet ;)

From what i have been told and previous experiences it should be pretty easy going until it isnt. We will likely hit snow and it will get really deep really quick. But its should be a nice drive until then. Guy up front might get stuck but im not anticipating hammering continuously if we reach a long section of pack.

Might (80% chance) that another Rover might be joining us. We'll be the support team to pull you guys along if you're unable to follow us. (God, I hope I don't eat those words )

Where is Norris... Hahahaba
(45.5702619,-111.6913981) thats the coordinates for the gas staion in Norris

We will air down at this gas station. They have a nice open parking lot in the rear.
Its about 45 minutes from bozeman so meet us there at 12:45 -1

Kinda funny theres a LC in the google street veiw of this gas station

7304440C-71E3-4145-AB84-35393DD660AA.jpeg

Might (80% chance) that another Rover might be joining us. We'll be the support team to pull you guys along if you're unable to follow us. (God, I hope I don't eat those words )

If you can vouch for the guy.

If you can vouch for the guy.

Yes, he's a good guy, just not a lot of trail experience though. He's the president of the gallatin ham radio club.

(45.5702619,-111.6913981) thats the coordinates for the gas staion in Norris

We will air down at this gas station. They have a nice open parking lot in the rear.
Its about 45 minutes from bozeman so meet us there at 12:45 -1

Kinda funny theres a LC in the google street veiw of this gas station

View attachment 1722900
Copy that

I’m in for this one. I think the lady and I might try and stay the night somewhere depending on weather and such

I’m in for this one. I think the lady and I might try and stay the night somewhere depending on weather and such
Forecast is rain. At the elevation we’re heading to i wouldn’t be surprised if
It turns to snow at night. Every time I head this way it snows the night before so maybe if we’re lucky...

95AE4B52-8A3B-41B8-8887-DFE1EEEAC132.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom