Introduce Yourself (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Winnie iis 3000 lbs dry, about 3500 fully loaded so not that heavy at all. I'm already used to single digit mpg with my Tundra. It got 8-9 mpg pulling the Winnebago to Yosemite last summer.

18300876_10106727847142277_5239260722429921047_n.jpg

18216813_10106727869961547_1369113473803345531_o.jpg

Hello Copper State Cruisers, new owner after a year or so of looking. Just acquired a 1999 stock cruiser (LX470), been a daily driver for years but ready to make it an off-road adventure vehicle for myself. I haven't spent much time off road in Arizona, but did previously in Oregon, forest roads mnts etc. Looking forward to exploring Arizona. In the process of figuring out first few critical needs int he next few weeks to get off paved roads, tires... possible lift... and then begin the slow fun build for everything else. I live down in Chandler and look forward to reading these forums and getting to know the off road community in AZ. ~Katie

Hello Copper State Cruisers, new owner after a year or so of looking. Just acquired a 1999 stock cruiser (LX470), been a daily driver for years but ready to make it an off-road adventure vehicle for myself. I haven't spent much time off road in Arizona, but did previously in Oregon, forest roads mnts etc. Looking forward to exploring Arizona. In the process of figuring out first few critical needs int he next few weeks to get off paved roads, tires... possible lift... and then begin the slow fun build for everything else. I live down in Chandler and look forward to reading these forums and getting to know the off road community in AZ. ~Katie

I met Katie today and she has the LC bug with her new 100. Very nice person who loves the outdoors like we all do!

I do not believe I have introduced myself yet.

My name is Scott, my wife and I moved to AZ back in August of 2016. We love it here and plan to call it home for awhile. I am a Navy veteran (05-13) served aboard the USS George Washington CVN 73 and USS Ronald Reagan CVN 76.

A little over a month ago my wife was involved in a accident where she was rear ended by a semi on the 101N just south of Broadway. The insurance company totaled the car and the money we got from them is what allowed me to get into my current ride, an 1994 FZJ80.

Here are a few pictures....

The first picture of it parked under the awning is the day I picked it up. The second is when I put the 315/75R16 KO2s and removed the sidesteps.

qc1994.jpg

IMG_1945.JPG

I got some parts that I need to get off my butt and install some parts. Not pictured, an OME lift that I have to install as well. With the recommendation of a few people I went with the 2.5" med.

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

My name is Scott, my wife and I moved to AZ back in August of 2016. We love it here and plan to call it home for awhile. I am a Navy veteran (05-13) served aboard the USS George Washington CVN 73 and USS Ronald Reagan CVN 76.

nuke or an airedale with back to back carriers?

A little over a month ago my wife was involved in a accident where she was rear ended by a semi on the 101N just south of Broadway. The insurance company totaled the car and the money we got from them is what allowed me to get into my current ride, an 1994 FZJ80.

Here are a few pictures....

The first picture of it parked under the awning is the day I picked it up. The second is when I put the 315/75R16 KO2s and removed the sidesteps.

View attachment 1707326

View attachment 1707329

I got some parts that I need to get off my butt and install some parts. Not pictured, an OME lift that I have to install as well. With the recommendation of a few people I went with the 2.5" med.

View attachment 1707334

View attachment 1707335

Welcome Scott.. Hope your wife is ok.. but good baseline FZJ80 to get started with. My brother is a Navy Vet too, was on the CVN74 USS John C. Stennis and my son is graduating HS next week and was just sworn in yesterday.. you guessed it U.S. Navy also. Heads to basic July 24th.

Welcome Scott.. Hope your wife is ok.. but good baseline FZJ80 to get started with. My brother is a Navy Vet too, was on the CVN74 USS John C. Stennis and my son is graduating HS next week and was just sworn in yesterday.. you guessed it U.S. Navy also. Heads to basic July 24th.

The wife is doing well but is getting frustrated with the everyday pain. Good ole Stennis huh? What is your son's rate going to be?

Welcome Scott. I was a CIWS tech 93-99. Spent 4 yrs on the Essex, LHD-2. Some of my best friends were AO. Crazy MoFOs...
Sorry to hear about the accident.
Good looking truck, look forward to meeting ya'.

Hi everyone! It's been a while... I am moving back to AZ this fall (Sept-Oct) and look forward to the next meeting and run. Nothing new with the Taco except K02's I got last year. Not much for wheeling out here in Texas so I am definitely looking forward to getting out again.

@murf - I'll probably swing by for some parts when I get back, a lot of driving ahead this summer TX>AZ>WA>AZ :cheers:

Welcome :cheers:

Enterprise (CVN-65) 1981 - 1983 Bremerton shipyards, Alameda, WestPac 10 & the famous "Stuck-In-The-Mud" homecoming:

3 tales of gigantic aircraft carriers getting stuck in SF Bay muck

The aircraft carrier Enterprise enters San Francisco Bay on April 28, 1983, and gets stuck on a sandbar off of Alameda. Tugboats would help the Navy ship get dislodged after five hours.
920x920.jpg

Better times in the Atlantic
300px-USS_Enterprise_%28CVN-65%29.jpg

The wife is doing well but is getting frustrated with the everyday pain. Good ole Stennis huh? What is your son's rate going to be?
I’ve been offline, he chose to go A-PACT , since the rates he wanted wasn’t available. I was kind of worried about him going ‘undes’ But it’s his decision. Plus he got a $10 k bonus out of it.. my brother went the same route and sneered that they didn’t give him 10K lol...Hopefully a rate he likes AD or AM will come available. Ships out to boot camp in July..

Welcome :cheers:

Enterprise (CVN-65) 1981 - 1983 Bremerton shipyards, Alameda, WestPac 10 & the famous "Stuck-In-The-Mud" homecoming:

3 tales of gigantic aircraft carriers getting stuck in SF Bay muck

The aircraft carrier Enterprise enters San Francisco Bay on April 28, 1983, and gets stuck on a sandbar off of Alameda. Tugboats would help the Navy ship get dislodged after five hours.
920x920.jpg

Better times in the Atlantic
300px-USS_Enterprise_%28CVN-65%29.jpg

Where is the helo flying the CO off for getting stuck? Not the first time I have seen this boat dead in the water. In 05 when she was leaving the Newport News Yards she went dead in the water and drifted to Norfolk with the aid of tugs.

Howdy everyone. I haven't introduced myself; Taylor. Over the last year or two I've been doing midlife maintenance and upgrades to my 92, which has been in the family since new. I've done all the usual base-lining, and I've upgraded springs, added 33s, a second 24 gallon fuel tank, and it'll soon wear a Campteq up top. 228K miles averaging about 2.5K miles / yr mostly for long remote access trips -- for fun and work.

I'm the most mechanically disinclined person that I know, and people on this forum have been hugely helpful and patient, which I appreciate. I dabble in photography, and will repay that debt with remote access land cruiser photos that make you feel good.

IMG_8118-1.jpg

617461377.jpg

IMG_8381-1.jpg
IMG_8810-1.jpg

Hey, my name is Marques. I just got my 1997 Cruiser about 2 months ago. So far, it has an ARB non-winch bumper and a set of 285/75/16 KO2s from a previous owner. My commute is short, so I've been daily driving it to work so that I don't have to park my newer car in the sun.

Still needs a small lift, rock sliders, and a winch bumper. Since I purchased it, I've replaced the tie rod ends and tie rods, mounted a fresh set of OEM rims from the junkyard, and done other general maintenance. If anyone has leads on used OME lift components, hit me up!

Thanks.

photo_2018-06-13_18-47-18.jpg

Hey, my name is Marques. I just got my 1997 Cruiser about 2 months ago. So far, it has an ARB non-winch bumper and a set of 285/75/16 KO2s from a previous owner. My commute is short, so I've been daily driving it to work so that I don't have to park my newer car in the sun.

Still needs a small lift, rock sliders, and a winch bumper. Since I purchased it, I've replaced the tie rod ends and tie rods, mounted a fresh set of OEM rims from the junkyard, and done other general maintenance. If anyone has leads on used OME lift components, hit me up!

Thanks.

View attachment 1722770

Where in AZ are you from? I am in Mesa.

Thanks.

View attachment 1722770
Hey Marques, it was nice meeting you at the CSC meeting last Friday! ScottyDog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom