Roto Pax mounted on Slee bumper... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

084runnerltd

SILVER Star
Threads
6F6C749F-4235-40BC-9E7E-6C117A84F6A0.jpeg
DA0EB818-2F64-474C-A048-03944C8FBDBA.jpeg
So I thought I did my research and ordered about 250.00 worth of rotopax gear.

However, upon receiving the stuff, it could not be mounted to the rear ladder of my Slee bumper.

The holes on the ladder for mounting items are 3.5” center to center. The rotopax holes are about 2” a part....and I really don’t want to drill into the Slee ladder.

I have looked at a few of the various rotopax mounts, but none of the them say how far apart their mounting holes are and I ha e no local sellers.

Does anyone know, with a large amount of certainty, what mount is needed to mount the rotopax to the Slee rear bumper??

As always, thanks in advance.

Slee sells a swingout Rotopax mounting plate that bolts to the rear ladder. I'll see if I have a pic of mine

Found one. You can see the latches for the swing out plate to the right of the Rotopax "cans".

p2585716046-5.jpg

Slee sells a swingout Rotopax mounting plate that bolts to the rear ladder. I'll see if I have a pic of mine

Sweet thanks, last time I contacted Slee they only offered their Jerry can holder, heading to their site now!

Tell me about it, the dimensions are hard to come by. Let me know what dimensions you need and I'll measure for you.

I have the 2 pax plate coming that I am going to bolt to the gamiviti accessory plate that mounts in the spare. Spare Receivers

I have fiddled with a few different options.
Directly to the ladder wrung (sandwiched the top wrung), the ladder flexes enough that the inner handle for the mount hits the glass:
upload_2018-6-13_17-55-0.jpeg

Under this cooler mount, kind of risky, for mild trails it's fine though:
upload_2018-6-13_17-54-3.jpeg

upload_2018-6-13_17-54-17.jpeg

New option, on a gamiviti accessory plate mounted to the gamiviti receiver plate (parts are on the way):
upload_2018-6-13_18-0-47.png

I just bit the bullet, getting the Slee ladder swingout Mount. I know Slee is good stuff, I have a front and rear bumper from them on my 100, along with sliders and full belly pan and bought a front bumper from them for my 80 series. As well as full suspension setups and skid plates for for the 80 and 100.

But come on, $195.00 just to be able to mount the rotopax to the ladder. (Plus of course the cost of rotopax mounts since the Slee portion is nothing more than a mounting plate.

I realize they are a business, but they could easily just drilled holes in their ladder that would work with the standard rotopax mounts, rather than reinventing an additional bracket for it.

Don’t get me wrong, great products....but this puts a bitter taste in my mouth. Spent $8200.00 with Slee for my 100 in the past year and didn’t complain....but 200.00 just for something that could be resolved by drilling holes makes me unhappy.

Nickeled & Dimed in North Dakota....

Tell me about it, the dimensions are hard to come by. Let me know what dimensions you need and I'll measure for you.

I have the 2 pax plate coming that I am going to bolt to the gamiviti accessory plate that mounts in the spare. Spare Receivers

I have fiddled with a few different options.
Directly to the ladder wrung (sandwiched the top wrung), the ladder flexes enough that the inner handle for the mount hits the glass:
View attachment 1722743

Under this cooler mount, kind of risky, for mild trails it's fine though:
View attachment 1722739
View attachment 1722740

New option, on a gamiviti accessory plate mounted to the gamiviti receiver plate (parts are on the way):
View attachment 1722753

I just bit the bullet, getting the Slee ladder swingout Mount. I know Slee is good stuff, I have a front and rear bumper from them on my 100, along with sliders and full belly pan and bought a front bumper from them for my 80 series. As well as full suspension setups and skid plates for for the 80 and 100.

But come on, $195.00 just to be able to mount the rotopax to the ladder. (Plus of course the cost of rotopax mounts since the Slee portion is nothing more than a mounting plate.

I realize they are a business, but they could easily just drilled holes in their ladder that would work with the standard rotopax mounts, rather than reinventing an additional bracket for it.

Don’t get me wrong, great products....but this puts a bitter taste in my mouth. Spent $8200.00 with Slee for my 100 in the past year and didn’t complain....but 200.00 just for something that could be resolved by drilling holes makes me unhappy.

You could always just drill the holes yourself? ;)

You could always just drill the holes yourself? ;)
Ya, I did some little work with a welder to add safet chain loops, been a year later and is starting to rust....I best leave it to the pros.

But you are absolutely correct.

To be fair, their design allows one to swing away the cans and use the ladder. If it was just a mount, I'm sure it would've been a fraction of the cost.

I think that you might not understand the mount. It is a swingout plate that attaches to the ladder and then allows you to swing the cans out of the way to still be able to use the ladder. If you do not need that functionality, then yes, they could probably be mounted directly to the ladder.

Part of the cost is the Anti-Luce latches that we use to close the swing out. They are imported from New Zealand. It was the only place we get them. There is more to that piece that meets the eye. Brass bushings for the swivel, stainless steel plates to prevent the Anti-Luce latches to scrape the powder coat.

sof1255-3.jpg

sof1255-2.jpg

Thanks for the reply. The issue is that there isn’t a mount sold that adapts from the ladder mounting holes to the rotopax holes. (And I don’t know what I am doing to make my own, that is why I buy from you!)

I realize it swings open, and for people who use their ladder, I am sure it is a great option.

But since you now carry rotopax products, it would be nice to sell an adapter for people who don’t need the ladder to be functional.

Like the rest of your products, I am sure it is top notch, but all I need is an adaptor plate.

I think that you might not understand the mount. It is a swingout plate that attaches to the ladder and then allows you to swing the cans out of the way to still be able to use the ladder. If you do not need that functionality, then yes, they could probably be mounted directly to the ladder.

Part of the cost is the Anti-Luce latches that we use to close the swing out. They are imported from New Zealand. It was the only place we get them. There is more to that piece that meets the eye. Brass bushings for the swivel, stainless steel plates to prevent the Anti-Luce latches to scrape the powder coat.

sof1255-3.jpg

sof1255-2.jpg

Thanks for the reply. The issue is that there isn’t a mount sold that adapts from the ladder mounting holes to the rotopax holes. (And I don’t know what I am doing to make my own, that is why I buy from you!)

I realize it swings open, and for people who use their ladder, I am sure it is a great option.

But since you now carry rotopax products, it would be nice to sell an adapter for people who don’t need the ladder to be functional.

Like the rest of your products, I am sure it is top notch, but all I need is an adaptor plate.

Agree’d, I would also like the option. I’ve had to peice together my mounting solution, would have been nice to get it direct from slee. I don’t need the ladder for anything other than mounting stuff

Your bumpers are a work of art...I don’t want to drill holes in them ;)

If you are mounting single rotopax, you can just drill the holes for the single mount. If you need to mount the larger tanks, Rotopax makes a mounting plate that accepts their mounts and is flat and can easily be mounted to our carrier. Might still require holes to be drilled.

Universal Mounting Plate

If you are mounting single rotopax, you can just drill the holes for the single mount. If you need to mount the larger tanks, Rotopax makes a mounting plate that accepts their mounts and is flat and can easily be mounted to our carrier. Might still require holes to be drilled.

Universal Mounting Plate

Yeah, easy enough. I think it would be nice to have the holes pre-drilled, so that the powdercoat would remain but It's definitely more of a "would be nice" sort of thing, not a deal breaker at all. I love my Slee rear and my brother loves his slee front :)

Agreed, not a deal breaker at all...that’s why I have bought 3 bumpers from them.

Although, the one area I had someone work on the rear bumper was adding some metal loops near the hitch for attaching safety chains.....a year later and they are rusting.

Perhaps the welder did a half-assed job when he welded on the metal loops. I don’t know, I sit in an office all day and manage money....this stuff is not my expertise.

I just know I don’t want to drill holes and have rust start growing on the ladder.

Yeah, easy enough. I think it would be nice to have the holes pre-drilled, so that the powdercoat would remain but It's definitely more of a "would be nice" sort of thing, not a deal breaker at all. I love my Slee rear and my brother loves his slee front :)

Agreed, not a deal breaker at all...that’s why I have bought 3 bumpers from them.

Although, the one area I had someone work on the rear bumper was adding some metal loops near the hitch for attaching safety chains.....a year later and they are rusting.

Perhaps the welder did a half-assed job when he welded on the metal loops. I don’t know, I sit in an office all day and manage money....this stuff is not my expertise.

I just know I don’t want to drill holes and have rust start growing on the ladder.

The welding won’t cause the rust. Did you paint the welded rings? You should remove all the rust you see, clean with MEK and let it flash off, prime, then paint with a good durable paint of your choice that matches the powder coat as close as you can.

I actually use my Slee rotopax mount and swingout way more than I initially thought. I don't even carry a ladder for my RTT anymore, I just swing the roto can and mount open and climb up. Super useful if you have a hard shell RTT.

I also open the mount to fill my fuel tank with a super siphon. Swing it open and its built-in stopper leaves it in a perfect position to fill up the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom