Vacuum T-Case to Manual Shift - Interested in a kit? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If a person is switching to manual with this kit I would suggest going with a set of twin sticks (they come with linkage). Much easier to come by than sourcing an original 60 series single stick and linkage. PLUS you get 2WD Low.

Yup, precisely

Kurt, so I would need an outside linkage also? Any pics to show what your Parts connect to and what other parts are needed? That will be helpful to many

Pretty much most of these pieces.

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 16.28.31.png

Plenty available in the used market.

Kurt, so I would need an outside linkage also? Any pics to show what your Parts connect to and what other parts are needed? That will be helpful to many

Beno nailed it. I'll look into the linkage at some point but the goal of this currently a kit to use an FJ62 case in a manual setup truck.

If a person is switching to manual with this kit I would suggest going with a set of twin sticks (they come with linkage). Much easier to come by than sourcing an original 60 series single stick and linkage. PLUS you get 2WD Low.

Is someone offering a (edit: different) Split-case twin stick kit as of late? Or still modifying the 1-pc setup/AA style? That is a great linkage solution though the AA Option does use a modified shift shaft, we could absolutely accommodate that too but then it's a second kit :D

Beno nailed it. I'll look into the linkage at some point but the goal of this currently a kit to use an FJ62 case in a manual setup truck.

The good thing is that the later HZ7x mechanical transfer cases pretty much used almost all of the same 60 series components with some slight differences and part numbers.

All of these parts are still available and thus one could ostensibly just use 7x series linkages in place of the 60 linkages for the conversion if folks wanted to use new OEM parts.

Here is an HZJ78 linkage system. Almost identical.

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 17.42.06.png

Last edited:
The good thing is that the later HZ7x mechanical transfer cases pretty much used almost all of the same 60 series components with some slight differences and part numbers.

All of these parts are still available and thus one could ostensibly just use 7x series linkages in place of the 60 linkages for the conversion if folks wanted to use new OEM parts.

Here is an HZJ78 linkage system. Almost identical.

View attachment 1722571

Beno

Thanks for sharing! Awesome.

I converted my '89 FJ62 transfer case to manual by buying the needed OEM parts from American Toyota in Albuquerque with a MUD discount. It's mated to a new H55f I bought from Cdan well before he retired. The combination is in my '86 FJ60, which (I hope) is only days away from being completed. I was able to use the linkage components from the '86, but have bought several sets of used linkages for other transfer cases from @cruiserjunktion.

Georg (Valley Hybrids) was selling a twin stick kit for a split case. Also AA sells one.

split case twin-stick kits!!!!!

715569: Toyota FJ60 and FJ62 Universal Twin Stick Shifter Kit | Advance Adapters

Dyno

Ah yes but AA's uses the split shift shaft so that would make this one a moot point. @orangefj45's would certainly do the trick. There is an easy answer.

I converted my '89 FJ62 transfer case to manual by buying the needed OEM parts from American Toyota in Albuquerque with a MUD discount. It's mated to a new H55f I bought from Cdan well before he retired. The combination is in my '86 FJ60, which (I hope) is only days away from being completed. I was able to use the linkage components from the '86, but have bought several sets of used linkages for other transfer cases from @cruiserjunktion.

The used linkage shouldn't be difficult to track down. Later model stuff is available as Beno pointed out and SOR is reproducing several of the parts as well. I think our kit is just going to focus on the t-case portion itself, thus making a better market for some of the new parts we are taking out of t-cases and/or for folks with a used 62 case and want to put that in an older 40/60.

Thanks for all the input guys, keep them coming!

Will do. Cheers.

It's in the computer :cool:

Part# TCMANCONV - $145.00

TCMANCONV.jpg

@Spike Strip, yours is packed and headed

I want a shirt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom