Anyone replaced the factory tow loop and hook on the front of their First Gen Tundra/Sequoia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Doing some basic offroading with my 04 Sequoia. I would like to replace the factory front tow/tiedown hook and loop (not suitable for loaded recovery) with two rated "shackle ready" recovery points suitable for recovery with a "snatch strap". Have anyone of you installed aftermarket front recovery points? Are you happy with them.

Doing some basic offroading with my 04 Sequoia. I would like to replace the factory front tow/tiedown hook and loop (not suitable for loaded recovery) with two rated "shackle ready" recovery points suitable for recovery with a "snatch strap". Have anyone of you installed aftermarket front recovery points? Are you happy with them.

YES ,

I replaced my 2005 tundra Loop with another Tow Hook

so now 2 Bad A#S Hooks , no wimpy loop thing tie down

I needed Longer bolts

i bought everything at the dealer new

Including the Clay TRD skid pan

DSCN7270.JPG
DSCN7272.JPG
DSCN7274.JPG

Sorry so long in the response - just now logging in after being off of the board for a while. Great idea - that is perfect! Is that a standard Tow Hook for all Toyota Trucks? Do you recall the size of the bolts? Did you get the bolts from the dealer as well?

That is a cool looking skid plate and those are rocking tires you have on there.

Blows me away how much power the Tundra/Sequoia has and great transmission+ way better gas milage than my old Model 80 LC.

Thanks for the pics and taking the time to share!

Fisher, Boss and Western, maybe Meyer use the tow hook mounting holes to mount the snowplow push plates. Plenty strong enough, I have never had a problem.

Great info -Thanks!

Sorry so long in the response - just now logging in after being off of the board for a while. Great idea - that is perfect! Is that a standard Tow Hook for all Toyota Trucks? Do you recall the size of the bolts? Did you get the bolts from the dealer as well?

That is a cool looking skid plate and those are rocking tires you have on there.

Blows me away how much power the Tundra/Sequoia has and great transmission+ way better gas milage than my old Model 80 LC.
Thanks for the pics and taking the time to share!
Not standard on models 2007 and newer but they were standard on pretty much all Toyota SUVs and trucks prior. I recently pulled the tow hook and bolts off a salvaged taco. Cost me about $15 plus another $6 for done enamel red paint. Bolted right up to the drivers side on my 2006 tundra. Exact match to the hook I already had on passenger side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom