Builds 1985 4Runner - "Nala" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is pretty stripped. The winch, push bar, rear bumper, driving lights, stereo are all gone. It's been badly painted black and purple. It does not run. I don't know what I am going to do with it yet. Might be time to part it out.

That just sucks. I hope they caught the $hitheads that did that.

Sucks that it was stolen and torn up, that’s a concern of mine. 3.4 will be sweet.

Here it is. I have the 3.4 pulled from the 96 and am ready to start getting it ready to install. I am looking forward to getting this sad looking truck back on the road.
IMG_20171208_153019.jpg

Congratulations! Why the 3.4 swap? I understand the 22RE isn't running but its rebuilt, so unless the douche nozzles who stole your truck did something to it, it's probably a minor issue. Don't get me wrong, I have both engines, they're both great. Just curious what the motive is ... Regardless, I am truly glad you got your truck back!

I am sure that the 22re is fine and will be soon up for sale. The problem is in the automatic transmission. I had this 3.4 4runner fall in my lap for free so it sounded like a neat project.

I have both engines out and both transmissions. I need to cut the factory motor mounts off, body lift it to clear the plenum, and well in the new engine mounts. I will get pictures soon

I love that cream colour

The engine is in. Fuel, power steering, heater lines, throttle cable, and ground wires all done. Now for wiring the ecu.
Even with the body lift that engine sits high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom