100 series out performing 200 series. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2007 LC100 has outstanding ride quality out in the trails and sand dunes. 60MPH+ over large bumps, whoops, jumps and it is much much more comfortable and stable then my LC200. I tried everything absolutely everything with my LC200, different shock brands, revalved the shocks many times, removed the sway bars, switched up the tires. How is my LC100 outperforming it?!

I believe its curb weight?, maybe weight distribution ? Since my LC100 stays stable over all kinds of terrain at extreme speeds. Or maybe the torsion bar design allows the shock to do most of the work? maybe the combination of both.

Anyone have an idea?

My LC100 setup:

1. Sway bar delete.
2. King Shocks.
3. Total chaos UCA.
4. Tough dog torsion bar.

As you can see in this video, these work very large whoops that my LC200 could not handle at all, it keeps getting unsettled (I tried revlaving for heavier rebound, spring rates, compression). LC100 ate it all up while I drink my morning coffee.

Compared to this piece of junk handling and ride.

Have you had someone else with a 200 try the same thing. maybe its your car that can handle the Whoops. So yeah put some other 200 through the same paces and see. also put some standard 100 with the same circuits and see.

That being said I hated driving SUV's my whole life until I drove the LC. It has great balance that almost no other SUV has IMHO. its really amazingly well mannered and balanced in most all situations. The only other SUV that I think comes close to the same balance is the 2000 ish Nissan Pathfinder.

BTW I have not driven the other LC's or Jeeps so i cannot comment on there handling.

(btw i didnt know what whoops means but I guess now i do).

Have you had someone else with a 200 try the same thing. maybe its your car that can handle the Whoops. So yeah put some other 200 through the same paces and see. also put some standard 100 with the same circuits and see.

That being said I hated driving SUV's my whole life until I drove the LC. It has great balance that almost no other SUV has IMHO. its really amazingly well mannered and balanced in most all situations. The only other SUV that I think comes close to the same balance is the 2000 ish Nissan Pathfinder.

BTW I have not driven the other LC's or Jeeps so i cannot comment on there handling.

(btw i didnt know what whoops means but I guess now i do).
All my friends with LC200's 100% agree that the LC100 ride much better during high speed offroad. I am just curious why. Curb weight seems like the likely answer although I am not certain.

Great video action- and one handed driving while you rodeo ride those whoops. Good stuff

Have you changed up your valving yet on either rigs? Canguro racing races pretty much a stock geometry 200 with good results. Valving is everything.

I dunno, this looks pretty good to me:

(checked out his channel)

Yes eventually I got it to be somewhat stable, however in the big stuff, big whoops, no match compared to the LC100. 99% must be curb weight if you think about it since with the LC100 you never feel the front end dropping, while the LC200 every time the front end has a chance to drop it immediately drops. Once you get into both vehicles and try high speed off road you will know what I mean.

You can also see that I got rid of the front bumper, I did this in an attempt to reduce as much front end weight as possible. I am trying to add all the weight on to the rear end for the best balance. This also helped BIG time.

Great video action- and one handed driving while you rodeo ride those whoops. Good stuff
Yeah haha, It is the most comfortable LC I ever had, Nothing tops a barebones inline 6 LC100 when it comes to blasting through the desert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom