New Land Cruiser specialty shop in Boise, Idaho (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Expanding the services I offer. I am available as a Land Cruiser mechanic and builder. I am familiar with all models from 40-series to 200-series.

My specialities are custom builds, Overland builds and restorations. Diesel and v8 swaps, suspension upgrades, axle builds and locker installs, outfitting a truck for a drive around the world and much more is where my background and experience lies.

My USA home base is here in Boise, Idaho.

You can contact me at;
208-971-2625
ian@snlandcruisers.com

Cheers
Ian

I like the 89 troopy w/ the 2H.

Most desirable is post 1990 with the 1HZ, H55, x2 fuel tanks and full float rear axle.

Cheers

I like the 89 troopy w/ the 2H.

Pre-1990 is about the same availability as post 1990. Where I source trucks from the 2H troopies will have a 4spd, so will the early 1990's trucks.

Cheers

Thanks Ian, great website, I like your story and passion for Land Cruisers.I dream of one day being a part of something special like your business/lifestyle! I'm on the right path though, look forward to one day meeting you.
Starting troopy fund!
Cheers!

Gabriel

Thanks Ian, great website, I like your story and passion for Land Cruisers.I dream of one day being a part of something special like your business/lifestyle! I'm on the right path though, look forward to one day meeting you.
Starting troopy fund!
Cheers!

Gabriel

@mesa man

Thanks Gabriel!

You are welcome to contact me anytime, even to just chat Cruisers.

I am planning to bring in a Troopy or two later this year.

Cheers

I thought I would update this a little bit.

I am a one man show, 100%. I prefer to do big builds. I specialize in overland set up as well as custom builds.

I am currently 6+ months out on any builds. Local folks are welcome to contact me for your basic stuff but chances are I don't have time. If you want to discuss a larger build please contact me but again, I am six months out right now at the minimum and if one more build is scheduled I am pushing a year out.

Breaking ground on a new shop soon as well. Plus I am taking off next month to Latin America to fill a container so time is something I seem to be getting very short on. Please don't hesitate to contact me though for any of your Land Cruiser needs I am just being honest with anyone reading this in regards to my schedule and time.

Cheers

Nice work, Ian! Let me know if you need help with that container this time.

Hey Aaron,

Thanks again for another super smooth transport!

Cheers

Pre-1990 is about the same availability as post 1990. Where I source trucks from the 2H troopies will have a 4spd, so will the early 1990's trucks.

Cheers

I find this interesting everything 70 series pre 10/99 in Australia has the H55F five speed. Rare to find one with a four speed. I assume all these have a H41 not the H42? Being a importer is it true a troopy would have a 2.5% import tax verses a 25% import tax on a pickup?

I find this interesting everything 70 series pre 10/99 in Australia has the H55F five speed. Rare to find one with a four speed. I assume all these have a H41 not the H42? Being a importer is it true a troopy would have a 2.5% import tax verses a 25% import tax on a pickup?

They all came with a 4-speed in these markets (Latin America) up to the early 1990's. I have not seen a single Troopy down there pre-1991/92ish without a 4spd.

Should be fine with the Troopy and the 2.5%.

Cheers

They all came with a 4-speed in these markets (Latin America) up to the early 1990's. I have not seen a single Troopy down there pre-1991/92ish without a 4spd.

Should be fine with the Troopy and the 2.5%.

Cheers

Thank you. I assume the bellhousing is rotated like most all cruisers starting around 11/84? Which four did they have? Did these four speed have the dummy spacer making a five speed a direct bolt in? Were these troopy available with power steering and A/C? Generally what style seating? Haven't really researched diesels much but assume the 2H was replaced by the early nineties?

H41 in the ones I have seen behind both the 2H and 1HZ.

Yes they pretty much all have A/C and p/s.

By the end of 1990 they have the 1HZ but as I said first year or two a 4spd and then all have the H55.

Cheers

Finishing up a big build on a 1974 FJ40 that had many many problems. It has been a fun build but I am ready for the next project!

Starting in on preparing a 1990 PZJ70 for the new owner next week. This truck was my personal Cruiser and DD for a year. I sold it not long ago and the new owner wants me to do some upgrades. The biggest being converting the front suspension to coil springs.

You can follow the build here,
Builds - PZJ70 build-refurbish!?

Cheers

After nearly 15yrs here on the forum I went ahead and did a name change.

My old name here was a business that has long since closed it's doors. My new name is an abbreviation of the Land Cruiser business name.

Just thought I would share why I did a name change.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom