Very basic wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Krondor

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys,

I am trying to start my 1F 135 motor to see how she will run. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around a very basic starting diagram. I know how to make the starter work but how Do i attach the ignition coil and distributor? My distributor has a pertronix II ignition. I also have a flamethrower coil with internal balast resistor. I was wondering if anyone could help me connect the lines.

upload_2018-5-31_14-22-45.png

Thanks,

Krondor.

8852CG01.gif

ignitiondiagram.gif

This diagram is more than a F135 had. Was no relay. No primary resistor. A simple jumper from battery Positive to the coil positive. If it gas a idle solenoid in the The carbuerator it just have power when the coil does. A second jumper attached to the solenoid on the starter. When you touch the other end of that jumper to positive on the battery the starter with turn over. Once started lay the jumper from the starter out of the way. When you want the engine to stop just remove the second jumper from the battery. This is why I would never leave a FJ40 parked in the open. This are just to easy to steal.

Just a couple things at the top of the list on a google search. Google is your friend is the point.

Just a couple things at the top of the list on a google search. Google is your friend is the point.

Google isn't always the best answer. If you hook of the carburetor for vacuum advance you will find the engine is not going to run very well. The early F engines were vacuum retard not vacuum advance. Found that one out on my 68 in the early eighties when I went from a single barrel Carter carbuerator to a two barrel Holley caruerator and hooked it up for vacuum advance. No Google or Mud. Didn't even have a Hanyes manual at the time. Finally had a mechanic look at it and tell what I did wrong.

Uncle!!!!!! You win. He just wanted to see if it would run and that is what I found on a quick search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom