FJ60 Vortec Swap in progress - 2F Motor/parts avail - Looking for FJ62 Drivelines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long title I know.

Swapping a LQ9 into my 87 Fj60. Have the old 2F motor out. Anyone looking for items off it or the whole thing let me know.

Motor itself has 297k on it. It runs and I ised it up until the day i pulled it as my daily driver, but it is tired and burns oil more than it should. Not a lot, but enough. It would be a good canidate for a rebuild in my honest opinion. Everything is on the motor - including transmission.

Only things i’ve taken are transfer case and oil sender / temp sensor and obviously wiring harness.

PM me if ya need anything.

I am also seeking fj62 Drivelines (Front and Rear) to use for this swap vs my fj60 drivelines. PM me if you have some or know someone who does.

Live in Tahoe. Swap taking place in Reno.

:beer:

6.0 Vortec LQ9 - FJ60 Engine Swap - Old Blue's Heart Transplant

Last edited:
Did you check with DMV? Newer than 85 they require that you only swap in an engine that was offered by the manufacturer for that vehicle. I was looking at a V8 swap for my 85 FJ60 when I did the research a couple of years ago. One of the reasons I sold the truck.

If you're referring to emission / smog approval regulations - Where I live (Douglas County) has none. If you're in Reno (Washoe county) the game is different. For that you register your vehicle as a classic car and then you don't have to worry about it either as smog regulations don't apply to classic cars. At least from my understanding (got a few friends running this loop hole). If you don't have to smog, no one knows whats under the hood. Not that it would matter if they did because either way its legal. And as DMV likes to say "the law is the law".

Last edited:
If you're referring to emission / smog approval regulations - Where I live (Douglas County) has none. If you're in Reno (Washoe county) the game is different. For that you register your vehicle as a classic car and then you don't have to worry about it either as smog regulations don't apply to classic cars. At least from my understanding (got a few friends running this loop hole). If you don't have to smog, no one knows whats under the hood. Not that it would matter if they did because either way its legal. And as DMV likes to say "the law is the law".
The " classic car" registration limits how many miles a year you can put on your truck. But it is on the honor system, you tell them when you re registrar what your odometer reading is. I'll have to tell you how all my cars came to be legally registered in Douglas even though I live in Reno.