Any folks in the Maple Valley / Black Diamond WA area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We just moved to MV from Seattle and I'm looking to get together with some fellow 200 owners who are familiar with the backroads out here. I've done a little exploring, but most of the trails back-up to federal and/or private land and I'd like to meet up to gain some insight and find new trails/route. Just got my 200 detailed, so she's ready for some mud :)
IMG_5993.JPG

Congratz. Maple Valley is a great area to live. I used to live nearby (Fairwood) and really miss the area. Hoping some day I can move back. Seattle has certainly done down the crapper recently, homeless and druggies at literally every corner.

Not sure of any trails for the 200, but the drive to Crystal Mountain and Mt. Rainier is a nice one to do on a weekend.

Head over to Shelton to explore the National Forest while watching the Olympus Rally, on TOMORROW and Sunday. If you have never seen rally cars drifting around gravel corners at 80mph, up close, you are in for a treat.... Stay inside of corners and upwind.

Schedule:

Stage Rally | United States | Olympus Rally

Spectator Guide:

Stage Rally | United States | Olympus Rally

There are no good trails really close to Black Diamond, most of that area is city watershed and gated off to vehicles and people, a USFS MVUM map will show you which forest roads are open to explore in your 200.

I agree about the previous comment....my son commutes to downtown Seattle and the street people situation has become intolerable. I thought it was bad here, but ours is nothing like Seattle’s problem. I moved away 15 years ago and miss nothing about the area except the boating...

Last edited:
I can report there are no off road options in Ballard :D

I do use a 20 ft stretch of gravel every week to make sure my 4lo solenoid and center lock don't get sticky

So sad.

I am traveling on and off for work until mid June but we should plan to get together again for new outing. I have been itching to get my LC with the new lift out in the wild but haven’t had the time sadly n

I live near Duvall and would be into a group drive somewhere fun and moderately rowdy (terrain wise) I got my LC earlier this year. It is stock except for RW wheels and KO2s.

Awesome, thanks for the replies all! It would be great to arrange a meet-up in the next month or so, before the summer calendars start filling-up with family/social things. Would folks be open to meeting more toward Maple Valley, Renton or somewhere else?

Ewan

I’m up for anything. We should do a Stampede pass run. It’s pretty tame but a great place to get some experience. There is a really great spot that I camp at that we could park a few rigs in.

Some photos from last year before I had my LX:

3vxoJlr.jpg

Yom5BTq.jpg

cShFdFn.jpg

22QI6KM.jpg

UKwmaDz.jpg

AqNG6p5.jpg

You can do the whole route in a half day but we usually take our time. Lots to see.

Do you take NF-7030 via Greenwater or are you using the I-90 entry point? I just called NFS and 7030 is not cleared yet, looks like later this season as the snow level is still around 3500 feet. I guess most routes off of 410 aren't clear yet, but a power company did clear NF-54 recently. I'm going to do some more research to see if there are any FS roads we could hit up before late June.

Last edited:
Do you take NF-7030 via Greenwater or are you using the I-90 entry point? I just called NFS and 7030 is not cleared yet, looks like later this season as the snow level is still around 3500 feet. I guess most routes off of 410 aren't clear yet, but a power company did clear NF-54 recently. I'm going to do some more research to see if there are any FS roads we could hit up before late June.

I usually go in at 90. I like coming up on rainier vs having it at my back. I guess I like the drama.

My friends went last weekend with a GX and Land Rover discovery and got pretty far:
8Pxj5IE.jpg

This was 3 weekends ago.

I'm happy to report that I found my inner-teenager and while scouting for offroad routes yesterday, I took on a small hill and found that my 200 seems to have more way wheel travel than my '17 Range Rover had. This truck amazes me with something new every day...and it's bone stock

IMG_6038.jpeg

IMG_6039-1.jpeg

That would be amazing! Let me check with the wife. Any kids coming? I might being my 4 year old.

I'm in Edmonds, I'm in the middle of a remodel, not sure I can make it Sunday but that would be lots of fun. Where is the fuel stop in NB? Haven't been out that way in awhile. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom