NMBDR interest and info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That Hundy is just too purdy to abouse :hillbilly:

also, all the BDR timing and sections are based on moto pace, which on some of those roads is considerably better than 4wd pace. expect to take longer than advertised unless you never stop and like abusing your rig... not a big deal, just a consideration.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thanks that's a good point. if we end up going alone we will probably go even slower cuz the whole trip start to finish and back home is probably over 2,000 miles. lucky for me, Masumi is a hardcore adventurer, so we can do whatever rolls our way. We might spend 2-3 weeks on it or If we run with others we are flexible.
honestly, I wish I could do it on my GS 1150 but that's out so I'm happy to do it in the 100 and just take our time.

Yeah thanks that's a good point. if we end up going alone we will probably go even slower cuz the whole trip start to finish and back home is probably over 2,000 miles. lucky for me, Masumi is a hardcore adventurer, so we can do whatever rolls our way. We might spend 2-3 weeks on it or If we run with others we are flexible.
honestly, I wish I could do it on my GS 1150 but that's out so I'm happy to do it in the 100 and just take our time.

and to be clear, you won't be slower 100% of the time, plenty of it is just gravel road or pavement.

That Hundy is just too purdy to abouse :hillbilly:
No vehicle is too pretty to abuse. None.

5B6F936F-7E4D-40E3-A20B-5C0EF1AED5DC.jpeg

Okay so I spent some time this morning looking at the adventure Riders Forum. I've been an inmate from 2003 since that's what I used to do. Anyway, I learned about the SOR (Shadow Of the Rockies) which apparently is part of the CDR and I if put all of that together with the NMBDR and then link it to the COBDR we have the makings of one heck of a loop. From what I understand, I could pick up the SOR at Grant's and run it down to El Paso. Cross over to Dell City get on the nmbdr and eventually come back up to Grants. Going different routes through the Gila. Possibly when Crossing at Elephant Butte if I need to come to the house to check on things or when I get back to Grants come to the house, regroup go back out the grants take the nmbdr up into Colorado and then the COBDR to the Wyoming border go across catch the SOR back down the Eastern side of the Colorado Rockies, Northern New Mexico and back down to Grants. That's a lot, but could be pretty cool. Interested in your thoughts and experiences with the SOR??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom