What are you working on? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I call this redneck lawn art.

20180513_143943.jpg

I'v been working on this. I believe it is used to make galvanized sheet metal. It was all in metric and the drawings were somthing called 1st angle projection. Basicaly everything was backwards and upside-down. Right side was on the left,left was on the right the top was on the bottom and the bottom on the top. It's a European thing.

20180516_143237.jpg

It's not so much a what you are working on but a more of a what I am finding. Sometimes you can't save them. My 97' 4Runner that most of you have seen me in and what is pictured in my Avatar will no longer be hitting the trails, I will be build my 00' Silver 4Runner from the 97' will start a build thread in a bit for it.

Besides the rust on the rocker and quarter, the top of the windshield doesn't have any metalleft and rains inside the truck, and with the blow head gasket its just time (I will still be continuing the 5VZ rebuild for the sake of knowing the internals of the engine better). The biggest bummer, I did a frame swap to save this truck....
Onto the carnage:
View media item 70628View media item 70637View media item 70627View media item 70630View media item 70631View media item 70632View media item 70633View media item 70634View media item 70629

My 97' 4Runner that most of you have seen me in and what is pictured in my Avatar will no longer be hitting the trails

Avi, I have a lift and a forklift here at the shop. We could have a "tech day" and strip this down in one day, load the carcass onto my trailer, and take it to the scrap yard five minutes from the shop. Just a thought...

Avi, I have a lift and a forklift here at the shop. We could have a "tech day" and strip this down in one day, load the carcass onto my trailer, and take it to the scrap yard five minutes from the shop. Just a thought...

I like the way you think and appreciate it! I have to knock out some basic maintenance on the 00' 4Runner and make a list of what I want to keep off the 97' Besides the suspension and the frame (I have an idea for a future project) and then I'll message you and we can make things happen!

I like the way you think and appreciate it! I have to knock out some basic maintenance on the 00' 4Runner and make a list of what I want to keep off the 97' Besides the suspension and the frame (I have an idea for a future project) and then I'll message you and we can make things happen!
Avi. Let me know if there are any parts that you planning on not using for the build of your 00 3rd gen.

Sounds good!

We hydroed a vessel at 1300psi the other year. They had to buy a special pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom