2014 Intermittent Radio Sound (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '14 200 Series LC and am having an intermittent issue with the entertainment system. Nav and all of the on-screen functions of the radio appear to work, but sound is intermittent. Seems like I hear a audible click similar to an amp cutting in or out from time to time. When the unit is on and the sound has cut out, turning the volume dial does nothing and there is no indication on the screen that the volume is being changed. If the sound is working, the screen displays volume being changed. I never loose access to any of the individual screens - just no sound from time to time. If sound is not working, turning the radio off and then on does not solve the problem. Turning the vehicle off and then on does not solve the problem. Any guidance or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Check your battery!

Had this happen to me, was the battery. Seems to be an odd Toyota/Lexus thing where the first thing that goes is the sound.

Thank you for the reply. I have a less than 1 yr old properly sized odyssey battery and the charging system appears to be working properly. Unfortunately, I think battery and electrical system are working as they should. A new battery would be a welcome quick fix.

Has anyone had any problems with the amp cutting in and out?

Same issue here on my 08 LC. It seems to be getting worse, yesterday I had no sound at all for a while and the volume knob does nothing. My concern is that it's going to get expensive to start throwing parts at it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I had no sound today. This afternoon I pulled the 30 amp fuse for the Amp and it was not blown. Replace the same fuse in proper location, started engine. Radio sound worked. It will be interesting to see for how long.

I had no sound today. This afternoon I pulled the 30 amp fuse for the Amp and it was not blown. Replace the same fuse in proper location, started engine. Radio sound worked. It will be interesting to see for how long.

I am now having the same annoying issue in my 13 LC. Did removing the fuse help?

Pulling the fuse and replacing it solved the problem. Fuse was good, connection must have been the issue. No problems since.

Hi i have a 200 series 09 lexus lx570 any pointers to which fuse you pulled
I pulled the 30a AMP1 fuse. If that doesn't work try the AMP2 fuse also. For me, all operations of the head unit worked, except for sound. Pulling the AMP fuse and replacing solved the problem. It was a connection issue, not a blown fuse.

Have a 2013 sound went out today first time since October, I think its a grounding issue. Today was the driest day since October usually only out for a day or two. Longest stretch 3 weeks last summer.

I pulled the 30a AMP1 fuse. If that doesn't work try the AMP2 fuse also. For me, all operations of the head unit worked, except for sound. Pulling the AMP fuse and replacing solved the problem. It was a connection issue, not a blown fuse.
I tried this and it didn't help, glad it worked for you though.

Have the same problem. I'm picking it is a bad/loose earth connection of the main amp under the front passenger seat.

Mine shows the no volume adjust issue. In audio settings the balance fade is all the way passenger rear. The new is max bass and treble. The only control that works on that page is the ok button.

Rest of functions are fine.

So far I’ve restarted and pulled the positive, it’s been 20 min so time to go hook. It back up and change the amp fuse.

Negative on battery disconnect. Negative on 30 amp ‘amp’ fuse pull and clean. The fuse was pretty well oxidized, I scraped the terminals shiny. I’ll replace it tomorrow.

I put the battery on the charger . . .

Negative on a fully charged battery.

Negative on replacing the 'amp' fuse with a new one. The FSM says to check the 'acc' fuse, which runs a bunch of other systems as well; since these other systems are still working, I am doubtful 'acc' is the cause.

The 2009 LX570 has the amplifier under the driver seat. The FSM instructions to remove it ask for removing all seats (all three rows) and removing the carpet.

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 7.18.41 PM.png

The 2009 LX570 has the amplifier under the driver seat. The FSM instructions to remove it ask for removing all seats (all three rows) and removing the carpet.

View attachment 2034345

Does it call for removing everything so you can pull the whole harness?

It's one of the best pages I've ever seen in the FSM. Something like 30 main steps, each of which links to the actual sub procedure, which will have 5-10 steps each. I am very curious what the shop book says for hours on this - it must be something like 8 hours. So overcomplicated.

I'm still mulling options. For sure if I decide to pull the driver seat I'm going to have a new bottom seat cover on hand to install since that needs replacing too. The most economical option is $400 (vs $1200 new) to have the amp refurbished. Of course that requires pulling the seat twice - once to uninstall and once to install.

It maybe that some carpet cutting will be involved - certainly it is a location where that wouldn't matter at all.

I've never loved the ML stereo, for as many speakers it has it just sounds flat/muted to me. I have a basic eight speaker (stock) setup in my 2007 minivan which sounds better to my ear. It also doesn't require any of the mumbo jumbo integrated climate nonsense.

Unfortunately the aftermarket android units all re-use the amplifier, so dropping $1k on that won't fix the root of this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom