FJ60 working Alternator needed (or rebuild shop near Chattanooga TN) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wadesters

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cwcruisers.com
I have a 1985 FJ60 2f being transplanted into an FJ40. One of the last pieces of the puzzle is the alternator is not working. I have not found anywhere that I can buy one that has an internal regulator. Before I have the old one rebuilt anyone know a source to buy a new / rebuilt one.

Thank you.

Buy an alternator for a 1990 Land Cruiser (3FE) and order the conversion harness from @Coolerman !

Been running this setup over 10K miles with no complaints!

H8Pky4t.jpg

Last edited:
Much cheaper, I was quoted $175 and 3 week turnaround on a local rebuild...

Alternator is around $80 and the harness was around $25 shipped if I remember correctly!

@Coolerman is a little South of Lexington, KY so the post office should be able to get you the plug and harness rather quickly if he has one made up!

Rockauto is showing internal regulator FJ60 alternators in stock for $53.

Rockauto is showing internal regulator FJ60 alternators in stock for $53.

They are not it seems, it has shown a 1 day delay for a month. I tried to order one and got a message a day later they are not available or in stock. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

They are not it seems, it has shown a 1 day delay for a month. I tried to order one and got a message a day later they are not available or in stock. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Crap, that's a bummer. They also appear to be NLA at Toyota too. Post up in the classifieds. Somebody has to have one sitting around.

I have a 1985 FJ60 2f being transplanted into an FJ40. One of the last pieces of the puzzle is the alternator is not working. I have not found anywhere that I can buy one that has an internal regulator. Before I have the old one rebuilt anyone know a source to buy a new / rebuilt one.

Thank you.

May be as simple and cheap as replacing the voltage regulator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom