Looking to Get Back into an FJ: Buying Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I owned an ‘08 Sun Fusion FJ about 8 years ago. It was one of the most fun vehicles I’ve ever driven. Now, I’m looking to get back into one, but as a second vehicle. I don’t do a great deal of off-road driving at this point (so, likely very few mods for now).

Per model year, I prefer 2010 and newer. As I live near Nashville, TN, there are a several to choose from with prices anywhere from $18k-$36k (I still find this amazing considering I paid $21k for my 2008 with 28k miles and the Toyota Care 100k mile warranty back in 2010).

Anyway, this 2010 Sun Fusion (89k miles) looks like it has been for sale at a dealer in Athens, AL since last October. That’s a red flag to me. Yet, they said nothing is wrong with it (including no rust; it’s first 45k miles were in MA with all the rest in AL). Has anybody on here looked at it in person / have any thoughts. I do wish it had the roof rack, but an aftermarket is likely preferable.

Jimmy Smith Buick GMC Serves Athens Drivers

Thanks in advance for any advice / observations you can offer me.

Last edited:
Looks clean. I was in the same exact situation as you a few months ago. I really missed my 07 and wanted another fjc. So I bought a 13 tte. Absolutely love it. Mine had similar mileage and I paid 26000 for it so I think you are getting a good deal .looks clean in the pictures. Go crawl around under it and look to see if it has been off road. Mine looked like it was brand new inside and out plus they had maintenance records for every 3000 Miles. I've seen some really rough fjcs for more $$$ then the one you posted. I certainly don't regret getting back into one. The wind noise took a week to get used to but that's about it .

20180227_171957.jpg

Looks clean. I was in the same exact situation as you a few months ago. I really missed my 07 and wanted another fjc. So I bought a 13 tte. Absolutely love it. Mine had similar mileage and I paid 26000 for it so I think you are getting a good deal .looks clean in the pictures. Go crawl around under it and look to see if it has been off road. Mine looked like it was brand new inside and out plus they had maintenance records for every 3000 Miles. I've seen some really rough fjcs for more $$$ then the one you posted. I certainly don't regret getting back into one. The wind noise took a week to get used to but that's about it .

View attachment 1698552

Wow, great-looking FJC, my friend! And thanks for the vote of confidence. I do remember the wind noise, yet the first summer I owned it, I drove it to my summer Officer USAF training in Cocoa Beach (Patrick AFB). What a perfect vehicle and a great summer! So, that nostalgia is strong. Of course, I’ve seen some relatively local, newer FJC’s - TT Edition included. And I am wondering if going for a 2013-2014 would be worthwhile (crawl feature, etc). What were some factors that influenced your choice of a ‘13? Thanks again for the input / advice!

Wow, great-looking FJC, my friend! And thanks for the vote of confidence. I do remember the wind noise, yet the first summer I owned it, I drove it to my summer Officer USAF training in Cocoa Beach (Patrick AFB). What a perfect vehicle and a great summer! So, that nostalgia is strong. Of course, I’ve seen some relatively local, newer FJC’s - TT Edition included. And I am wondering if going for a 2013-2014 would be worthwhile (crawl feature, etc). What were some factors that influenced your choice of a ‘13? Thanks again for the input / advice!
Just the color . Love the cement

Just the color . Love the cement
I’ve found a newly-listed by private owner 2013 cement TT with Off-Road package. It has 78k miles and is nearly flawless including underneath. It’s nearby and I know the owner via work connections (but not personally). He said the local Toyota dealer offered him $26,200 for it. I’m inclined to ask him if he would take $27,500. How does that sound? I still can’t believe how these FJC’s are holding their value.

That sounds fair to me. Especially if you know it's been well taken care of

I am also in the market

Trying to decide between MT vs AT

Also it looks like diff lock and atrac buttons moved to roof on the 13s as opposed to on lower console

I found a clean 13, Offroad package, 4x4 AT 88k mikes asking 25$k.

Doesn’t have the 120v/400w outlet

I am also in the market

Trying to decide between MT vs AT

Also it looks like diff lock and atrac buttons moved to roof on the 13s as opposed to on lower console

I found a clean 13, Offroad package, 4x4 AT 88k mikes asking 25$k.

Doesn’t have the 120v/400w outlet

That sounds like a pretty good deal. The buttons are on the celing if it has crawl control. And I would liked to have found a MT, yet they are a bit rare.

I ended up getting the ‘13 TT with 79k miles for $25k. Very clean with newer BF Goodrich tires and the crawl control. No back up sensors which I understand is a pain to install, but that’s me just being nit picky. It’s great to be back in an FJC!

I want a 6MT and some are out there

But I keep reading about the throwoit bearing issues and not sure I want to deal with those :(

That sounds like a pretty good deal. The buttons are on the celing if it has crawl control. And I would liked to have found a MT, yet they are a bit rare.

I ended up getting the ‘13 TT with 79k miles for $25k. Very clean with newer BF Goodrich tires and the crawl control. No back up sensors which I understand is a pain to install, but that’s me just being nit picky. It’s great to be back in an FJC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom