**Introduction** COMEUP Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Use Comeup winch about 5 years 15000 model. Winching hundred times, only twise rebuild it.
It is very very, very reliable.
Idea that motor and brake is not germetic is very good. No strong corrosion after deep water.

Only couple points of negative - motor body inside is not painted - so in the water it get rusted and all bolts and nuts inside motor should be from stainless stell.
Come up rescued me many times!:wrench::zilla:

Reactions: RFB
A reminder for everyone (or an announcement if you haven't heard this yet) that COMEUP winches now include an extended 5 year warranty on all electrical components! That's in addition to the standard 3 year warranty for an industry leading combined 8 years of worry free winching with your COMEUP winch.

That is really amazing stuff.

So 5 years on mechanical and 8 years on electronics?

Does COMEUP cover damage from water ingress as well? Some winch companies use water damage as an exclusionary clause.

Maybe you recently saw the Feature Article published on Expedition Portal about Mowgli - The Unimog. Featured Vehicle: Mowgli the Unimog | Expedition Portal Here at ComeUp we're always grateful for stories from our customers about how our winches have helped them in recovery situations. The great people at Mowgli-Adventures Home shared this incredible story with us of a recent self-recovery in Morrocco using a ComeUp DS-9.5 winch on Mowgli. Once again, ComeUp winches are trusted to get adventurers out of sticky situations and back to safety! Thanks Mowgli-Adventures for sharing this story with us and for using ComeUp winches!! Please take a look at their story here on our ComeUp blog! You can follow more of Mowgli-Adventures on their FB page.
Mowgli the Unimog Takes a Tumble

excellent stroy, Ive been eyeing a come up since ronnie dahl in Australia showed us the 24 volt version with amazing speeed

good thread and info guys. I just bought one of the new 12.5's mainly because I've been in a lot of deep water crossings in eastern Russia and in the Amazon and have had other winches fail. The Comeup was recommended as being better sealed for water than anything else.
In Russia we sometimes have a Unimog along that has no trouble pulling out a $7500 lb Land Cruiser or sometimes one of my friends that has a Bakal travels with part of the way. The Bakal (if I'm spelling it right) is huge and built for arctic expeditions. It floats if it breaks through the ice. I haven't joined him on any of his arctic jaunts. I prefer warmer places. In the amazon there are a lot of barges built to haul vehicles across major rivers and a couple of times I've had local indians build rafts. It is a bit creepy but they are unreal and haven't dumped my vehicle yet. It is amazing how much work they will do for some chocolate, some american food and cool T shirts that have The Hulk or Bee Gees on them.:)))

Cliffhanger 4WD Australian 4x4 event 2017 discusses COMEUP and their event contest to win a COMEUP Blazer winch.

Something new coming from COMEUP in September! Stay tuned! ......(disregard the J**p in the photo) :D

Something new coming from COMEUP in September! Stay tuned! ......(disregard the J**p in the photo) :D

yeah .. J**p pic here ...? c'on !

September product release. These are now available on our website.

We also have a simple new product to protect your winch rope and hawse fairlead. If you use a hook on you winch this an excellent way to protect your components. Rope Stopper

Clocking clutch on Seal Gen2 9.5rs.

No bolt holes in gear box at the 12 and 6 o'clock position in feet down position after rotating 90 deg. Did Comeup factory not drill these?

Followed the instructions in manual, which is the same as this video . But after rotating the clutch 90 deg only 4 of the bolts would attached to the gear box. No bolt holes at the 12 and 6 o'clock position.

1. Remove brake cover
2. Remove bolts on gearbox
3. Rotate gear box (90 deg)
4. Reassemble gear box and brake cover.

Clocking clutch on Seal Gen2 9.5rs.

No bolt holes in gear box at the 12 and 6 o'clock position in feet down position after rotating 90 deg. Did Comeup factory not drill these?

Followed the instructions in manual, which is the same as this video . But after rotating the clutch 90 deg only 4 of the bolts would attached to the gear box. No bolt holes at the 12 and 6 o'clock position.

1. Remove brake cover
2. Remove bolts on gearbox
3. Rotate gear box (90 deg)
4. Reassemble gear box and brake cover.

There is a 3rd ring gear inside the drum rack.
You will need to clock this ring gear in order for the bolt to go through the 12 and 6 o’clock position.

Photo 1 is before 3rd ring gear is clocked

Photo 2 is after ring gear is clocked

SEMA 2017 is underway and our booth is showing off some killer new winches. Need a faster winch? How about 3x 7hp motors, Cerberus is a hot new competition winch? We're also showing our 5000si utility winch and the rest of our SEAL series vehicle recovery winches.

So what are the specs and cost of that fancy competition winch?

Hi all. I'm hosting a group buy on Comeup Winchs. This will be limited to the following, which are some of their best sellers also. There is some extra juice available if we get more than 5 orders that I can disclose via PM. Feel free to message me and/or post here. Links below to the ComeUp USA site. Details below. There is also NO SHIPPING charge. PM FOR DEAL PRICING. The price listed is the retail price, NOT the group deal.

295920 - Gen2 9.5 Naked w/Wireless - Retail $695.95 PM FOR GROUP PRICE
SEAL GEN2 9.5n, "Naked" WINCH | COMEUP USA

295985 - Gen2 9.5 w/Wire Rope - Retail $665.95 PM FOR GROUP PRICE
SEAL Gen2 9.5, 12V WINCH | COMEUP USA

295975 - Gen2 9.5 w/synthetic - Retail $895.95 PM FOR GROUP PRICE
http://shop.comeupusa.com/p/seal-gen2-9-5s-12v-winch?pp=12

295955 - Gen2 9.5 w/Wireless/Synthetic - Retail $995.95 PM FOR GROUP PRICE
http://shop.comeupusa.com/p/seal-gen2-9-5rs-12v-winch?pp=12

All orders will be shipped to my store Philadelphia Salvage.
The store is open 7 days a week, so after purchase you can come get them any time, I can also bring with me to a Keystone Cruisers ride/event. I will be going to Vermont Overland in the Fall as well, but that is a big if, if I have room.

You will PayPal me for the winch or you can mail a check, which ever is best. Once all the orders are in, I will pay Kurt Cruiser Outfitters. I am a business owner and known in the area, responsible and have a solid reputation in case you are care.

Last edited:
Does the Gen 2 9.5RS winch fit under the Slee Blueberry front bumper for the 100 series?

Does the Gen 2 9.5RS winch fit under the Slee Blueberry front bumper for the 100 series?
I think it does. Would be worth a call to @sleeoffroad to double check but Slee is a ComeUp dealer and I know Christo had the Gen2 9.5rs in his Shortbus bumper on our SW Adventure trip a couple weeks ago. I’d imagine that winches that would fit the Shortbus bumper would also fit the blueberry bumper.

The Gen 2 9.5s will fit both the Shortbus and Blueberry. On the Shortbus it is very tight and will actually touch the valance under the grill. We have not been supplying solenoid brackets for the Come-up but that will change in the future. We have the brackets developed for both bumpers that will take Warn and Come-up solenoid boxes. Those will be for sale individually soon, and would make it's way into the bumpers kits in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom