May 26th Trail Ride Input Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What's up everybody!
The next trail ride is just under two weeks out and we're looking for the club's input. Where should we go?? It had been discussed trying out the Pony area. Has anybody been out that way lately? Snow report?
Or is there somewhere else that folks are just dying to check out?

So chime in with ideas or trail reports. We want your help deciding where to go!!!

@RoverChris has done some trails new pony

GaiaGPS - Pony Mine Tour

Unsure if ill be in town or not. Ill look in the new MT 4x4 book and see what it says also

Yes, I've done some trails out near Pony and while they were fun and an easy in-out/day trip, they may not be up to the usual level of challenge/excitement (ie no rock climbing) for the members. It was more for just a fun "get out of Bozeman for the day, I want to explore" leisure trip. I'd love to explore more out that way though. That being said, if anyone wants to either follow the route on their own that I mapped using my link that Aaron provided, or if you want me to lead you, I'd be happy to! I just don't think it's a 406 Cruisers-worthy trip.

Yes, I've done some trails out near Pony and while they were fun and an easy in-out/day trip, they may not be up to the usual level of challenge/excitement (ie no rock climbing) for the members. It was more for just a fun "get out of Bozeman for the day, I want to explore" leisure trip. I'd love to explore more out that way though. That being said, if anyone wants to either follow the route on their own that I mapped using my link that Aaron provided, or if you want me to lead you, I'd be happy to! I just don't think it's a 406 Cruisers-worthy trip.

You say easy, and then once you get up there its 5 feet of snow. HAH!

I have not but if someone wanted to borrow it I wouldn’t mind. I’m going to be outta town so unfortunately i don’t get to go on this one

I have not but if someone wanted to borrow it I wouldn’t mind. I’m going to be outta town so unfortunately i don’t get to go on this one

Ringing Rocks, it is! Hehehehe

Hey guys!
I'm still on my way back from Overland Expo but wanted to check on interest in even doing a ride this weekend since there hasn't been a lot of chatter. It is memorial day weekend so I suspect some people have other plans.
So who's interested for Saturday?

I'm itching to go somewhere... anywhere. We can check out the route I mapped over in Pony. I have no idea what it's like right now (snow?) so it'd be a roll of the dice. It was a nice "get out of Bozeman for the afternoon" trip, but nothing serious (ie nothing technical, not even any rocks). I don't mind taking the lead on it if we get a couple people to go. I wouldn't even mind making it a one night camping trip there at Cataract Lake. I'm up for anything, just throwing it out there. Is Aaron the only one that has the book? I'm just not that familiar with the trails around here to really offer a good suggestion. I'd like to see more ghost/mining towns (Comet?) ... that sort of thing. Someone mentioned Crow Peak Trail but I don't know anything about it. What about Brannan Lakes south of Mammoth? Old Independence trail?

I would go but I have to work. I put dibs on sat June 9th off. Thats a trail ride day TBD.

Hey gang. Looks like everybody's busy with other plans this weekend.
So due to a lack of response and interest we are going to cancel the ride for tomorrow. I'll be sending out an email also.

But hope everybody has a good holiday weekend and gets out to play a little!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom