Are these OEM leaf spring specs? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want stock spec leaf springs to replace the old worn out ones on my 1983 FJ60. Anyone try or have luck with these ? (the Toyota part numbers they reference are correct, but I have no idea if those physical dimensions are indeed correct for a stock setup) :

1981-1987 Toyota Land Cruiser 4 Door - Leaf Spring (Front - 5 Leaves) [90-112] | $178.95 | SD Truck Springs | Leaf Springs, Helper Springs and Suspension Parts
1981-1987 Toyota Land Cruiser 4 Door - Leaf Spring (Rear - 6 Leaves) [90-105] | $188.95 | SD Truck Springs | Leaf Springs, Helper Springs and Suspension Parts

These are made by some company in Harrisburg, PA called Dayton. The rep I was asking to from SDtrucksprings to confirm OEM spec emailed the following info to match what was on their site:

"
Below you will find the specs for these springs from our site, Dayton, and Toyota.

Front Springs 90-112:

mail

Rear Springs 90-105:

mail

The eyelets are 35mm on each end of the springs.

"

Do these physical specs look correct ? The part numbers I have verified already.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I haven't found any measurement specs on the springs in any service manuals. Only servicing ...like replacing a spring leaf and torque specs. I'd be interested in seeing these installed and how the truck sits. Go for it and let us know. somebody has to be a trail blazer. You'll need new bushings. Pins and shackles are available from toyota.

i have some stock springs that are virtually rust free and only have 174,000 miles on them I'll let go for cheap :)

i have some stock springs that are virtually rust free and only have 174,000 miles on them I'll let go for cheap :)

How cheap ? I am in MD, and am guessing that would make this potential transaction location-prohibitive. Let me know.

I haven't found any measurement specs on the springs in any service manuals. Only servicing ...like replacing a spring leaf and torque specs. I'd be interested in seeing these installed and how the truck sits. Go for it and let us know. somebody has to be a trail blazer. You'll need new bushings. Pins and shackles are available from toyota.
I may just do it. I can drive to Harrisburg to pick them up so that would eliminate shipping.

I'll go down to UPS today or tomorrow and get a cost on shipping. My wife would love to get them out of the garage!

I thought the stock front 60 springs had 5 leaves. But it's been awhile while since I had them on my truck (like 30 years).

I thought the stock front 60 springs had 5 leaves. But it's been awhile while since I had them on my truck (like 30 years).

The front springs have 5 leaves, the rear have 6.

Is it safe to say that with newer, "bouncier" springs, my ride may actually be comfortable ? In the 6 years I've owned my FJ60, driving it around physically wears me out. I just drove it 60 miles today, and I feel like I do when I sleep on a mattress with no support.

If you have original springs, you don't really have springs. You are slamming down on the front bump stops when you drive over a pebble. What you're feeling is a rubber suspension that compresses half an inch. The springs didn't ride like that when new because they had more built in arch. But that arch is now long gone and the springs are pretty much flat... so you're living on the bump stops.

Any spring that can get you up an inch or more (to a point) will greatly improve the ride. But if you go too high, the ride deteriorates again into the bucking bronco you know all too well.

So did you ever try out these leaf springs from this company? Im in the same boat. Im over 50 and plan to keep it for a long time and the older I get I dont want to be stepping up in my rig that is too high...which White knuckle sliders will help. Has anyone tried SDtrucksprings out?

Last edited:
So did you ever try out these leaf springs from this company? Im in the same boat. Im over 50 and plan to keep it for a long time and the older I get I dont want to be stepping up in my rig that is too high...which White knuckle sliders will help. Has anyone tried them out?
Im in the same boat being 53. The leap up to the drivers seat is old...lol. I ordered some sliders from @TRAIL TAILOR ...+ I cant wait for no more jumping!

I ordered a set of front springs from that company (SD Truck Springs) a few years ago after one of mine broke. They fit perfectly and held up well until I eventually decided to go with an OME setup. I would not hesitate to order from them.

I ordered a set of front springs from that company (SD Truck Springs) a few years ago after one of mine broke. They fit perfectly and held up well until I eventually decided to go with an OME setup. I would not hesitate to order from them.
thank you for your thoughts. Can you recall how high dis it lift it and were your leaf springs flat before puttinf on the SD Truck Springs? Mine are flat completely.

The fronts were not nearly as bad as the rears (which I did not change at the time). I was just looking to fix the broken front spring and figured I should change them as a pair. It did bring the front up a bit, probably an inch.

@FirstFJ60 , if you are thinking about replacing worn out springs, I have poly bushings and rebuilt shackles and pins for sale for cheap here:

For Sale - Virginia, rebuilt 60 spring shackles, pins, Energy Suspension bushings, axle bolts, stabilizers. in VA - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/virginia-rebuilt-60-spring-shackles-pins-energy-suspension-bushings-axle-bolts-stabilizers-in-va.1120389/

If your spring/shackle bushings are cracked most likely they are worn out and the pins they ride on are probably rusty and pitted and will quickly destroy a new set of bushings unless you repair or replace them. FYI toyota shackles are still available but the price for a complete set for your truck would be close to $600...almost 1/2 way to a OME complete suspension

@FirstFJ60 , if you are thinking about replacing worn out springs, I have poly bushings and rebuilt shackles and pins for sale for cheap here:

For Sale - Virginia, rebuilt 60 spring shackles, pins, Energy Suspension bushings, axle bolts, stabilizers. in VA - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/virginia-rebuilt-60-spring-shackles-pins-energy-suspension-bushings-axle-bolts-stabilizers-in-va.1120389/

If your spring/shackle bushings are cracked most likely they are worn out and the pins they ride on are probably rusty and pitted and will quickly destroy a new set of bushings unless you repair or replace them. FYI toyota shackles are still available but the price for a complete set for your truck would be close to $600...almost 1/2 way to a OME complete suspension
thanks @g-man for letting me know...im not pulling the trigger now.

For anyone looking for a stock height spring, I just ordered a full set of the Dayton springs from a local truck shop. The rears are widely available but the fronts are on backorder and won't be here for another month or so. When I get them in and installed, I'll update this thread with the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom