Proud new owner of 1998 Land Cruiser! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself to the community. My name is John, 30 years old, grew up riding dirt bikes in the desert. I recently bought and rebuilt a meyers manx dune buggy, and now ive traded my daily driver infiniti g35 for a beautiful 98 LC. I live in San Diego, if there are any local enthusiasts id love to hear from you.

If any of you have suggestions for amazing places in the south west to take this thing id love to hear them. Ive only offroaded locally most of my life.
20180513_185727_1526264612880.jpg
20180513_185801_HDR.jpg
20180513_185741_HDR-1.jpg

Sweet ride dude! Welcome!

Welcome! San Diego area here too.

There are plenty of areas all over the southwest and locally...too many to list here in one spot. I would stay local to shake out any bugs and get used to how it handles in the dirt. Anza Borrego, Corral Canyon OHV, Idyllwild, and Big Bear areas are all great places to start.

I recently converted to 100 series after being in an 80 for about 10 years and starting the build.

Welcome! Saw it on Reddit! So jelly!

Welcome! San Diego area here too.

There are plenty of areas all over the southwest and locally...too many to list here in one spot. I would stay local to shake out any bugs and get used to how it handles in the dirt. Anza Borrego, Corral Canyon OHV, Idyllwild, and Big Bear areas are all great places to start.

I recently converted to 100 series after being in an 80 for about 10 years and starting the build.

Hey cool to meet you! Im guessing you are in vista by your name, im in san marcos. What would you say is the nearest wheeling spot from north county? Anza borrego is my typical stomping grounds, have a toybox out there where i keep my buggy and dirt bikes. So much to do and see out there!

I had never heard of corral canyon before and just looked it up. Looks pretty gnarly rock crawling stuff, i know the cruiser is a beast but im reluctant to push the limits right off the bat. Ill feel more comfortable after i install some sliders. I love the look of the terrain down there though and am oretty eager, happen to know any of the more tame trails down there to start on?

I had never heard of corral canyon before and just looked it up. Looks pretty gnarly rock crawling stuff, i know the cruiser is a beast but im reluctant to push the limits right off the bat. Ill feel more comfortable after i install some sliders.

Look up White Knuckle. Jon knows his stuff, and you can save $$ if you're picking it up. I bought a set and my bro bought a set for his GX. best slider for its price. Make sure to get DOM.
Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser / Lexus LX470 Rock Sliders - White Knuckle Off Road Products

Delete. Duplicate reply.

Look up White Knuckle. Jon knows his stuff, and you can save $$ if you're picking it up. I bought a set and my bro bought a set for his GX. best slider for its price. Make sure to get DOM.
Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser / Lexus LX470 Rock Sliders - White Knuckle Off Road Products
Thanks for the tip man. I was looking at the slee tube sliders which i honestly think look a little burlier, but they are 300 bucks more than those white knuckles and i dont know if its that much better. You've given me some thinking to do

I miss California Burritos from Roberto’s. Then there is that really good fish place up in Carlsbad... and the sushi place in Encinitas...

Can someone pack a few burritos in dry ice and mail them over?

I have a full size 35 inch spare tire that i want to get mounted in the back. I found this one for 2 grand that looks pretty nice. Anyone know where i could get something comparable for a better price or should i just pay it?

Slee Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier
uzjrb5.jpg

uzjrb1.jpg

uzjrb2.jpg

uzjrb3.jpg

uzjrb4.jpg

uzjrb6.jpg

uzjrb7.jpg

uzjrb8.jpg

uzjrb9.jpg

uzjrb10.jpg

Slee Rear Bumper
Part #: SOF1049

I miss California Burritos from Roberto’s. Then there is that really good fish place up in Carlsbad... and the sushi place in Encinitas...

Can someone pack a few burritos in dry ice and mail them over?
Haha i have had friends who have tried this before sending back east but it didnt work out so well. Where you located now?

I have a full size 35 inch spare tire that i want to get mounted in the back. I found this one for 2 grand that looks pretty nice. Anyone know where i could get something comparable for a better price or should i just pay it?

uzjrb5.jpg

uzjrb1.jpg

uzjrb2.jpg

uzjrb3.jpg

uzjrb4.jpg

uzjrb6.jpg

uzjrb7.jpg

uzjrb8.jpg

uzjrb9.jpg

uzjrb10.jpg

Slee Rear Bumper
Part #: SOF1049

Is that a post from clist? I am in AZ, I can go take a look at it for you if you want?

Then there is that really good fish place up in Carlsbad...

If you're talking about Pelly's Fish Market @Slashzero I've got bad news - they burned down. The good news is they'll probably be back open next time you're out west.

Anyone know where i could get something comparable for a better price or should i just pay it?

You'll find lots of bumper options from great vendors here on 'Mud. The best advice I was given when I started building my 80 was to get to know your rig and how you plan to use it before throwing money at it. Young family camping? Single guy bashing rocks? Or somewhere in between? You've got an insanely capable vehicle already and maybe you want to hold onto those dollars until you get it all baselined and get to know how you think you'll end up using it. We've got a few 100's in the club and great folks who are happy to share their years of experience - and this forum is an endless well of information. All that being said, I went with the Bump It Off Road rear bumper for my hundy :cheers:

Wow thats very generous of you to offer but no thats was direct from slees website. So its for a brand new one. Thanks though!

Si, no problemo sir. I like helping out when I can.

I have the slee rear on my rig and I love it. I would definitely suggest the dual swingout over the single, having the ladder to mount stuff is really helpful. Water, Gas.... a cooler? :)
upload_2018-5-16_18-23-34.jpeg

uzjrb5.jpg

uzjrb1.jpg

uzjrb2.jpg

uzjrb3.jpg

#: SOF1049

I also check out Dissent. @benc 100% made in the USA! / Dissent offroad modular rear bumper.
Ben is very active on the forum. Similar price as Slee. Personally, I am saving up for his bumpers and skid plates. I believe it is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom