What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^ Looks Great! What size tires you running with your lift? My 200 has a date with Slee in 2.5 weeks for the BP51’s!

For the record the stock one and the lexus replacement were both magnetic.. though Dimple's parts may have a much stronger magnet, I don't know.

Also the lexus part was about $10 at the parts counter.

You are correct, the dimple product is more expensive and the magnet is very strong. My OCD self put them in both differerentials and the transfer case. Weather or not the price is justifiable, it's a great product. On the front, where I've seen issues with the hex stripping out, having a 6 point socket is nice.

^ Looks Great! What size tires you running with your lift? My 200 has a date with Slee in 2.5 weeks for the BP51’s!
I'm currently running 285/65r18 KO2's (on Method NV 18x9/25mm offset) but am looking to mix it up with Nitto Ridge Grapplers in a 34" if these KO2s ever wear out!

Does PN 90341-24016 fit all three (2 diffs, 1 transfer case)? Does it fit top and bottom? I'm changing gear oil in a few days and would like to have on hand . . .

Does PN 90341-24016 fit all three (2 diffs, 1 transfer case)? Does it fit top and bottom? I'm changing gear oil in a few days and would like to have on hand . . .

No, it only fits the front diff drain.

IIRC people don't typically have trouble with any of the others stripping, as long as they use the correct tools on them. The transfer case and rear axle fill/drain are all normal 24mm hex heads like a big nut.. the front diff fill uses 10mm internal hex, but the threads are much smaller and mine came loose without issue, like most people.

Get all new crush washers if you haven't already. They are cheap. I like to have an extra set or two on hand to avoid a trip to the dealer for future work.

Swapped out my bent RLCAs with some from Jason @reevesci these new ones are stout! I think I put them on backwards but I don't think it matters.

oR7Tfnj.jpg

y7ajfdT.jpg

IMG_7248.png

Finally got some new shoes today. These are 275/60R20 KO2's in load range "D". Had a good time at Discount Tire getting them installed... shop manager swore they wouldn't fit, but the store manager was super excited to put them on and went out to watch them "test fit" the fronts and go through turning full right/left etc to check clearance. Said it was the first 570 they had installed these on at their shop. I'm pretty happy with them so far after 60 miles. It started raining almost as soon as I left the shop so I only snapped one picture, but I can at least say they handle standing water pretty well. They are slightly noisier than the Michelin Tours that were on there, but nothing to complain about really.

View attachment 1703739

Swapped out my bent RLCAs with some from Jason @reevesci these new ones are stout! I think I put them on backwards but I don't think it matters.

That grease zirk may be hard to reach :)

New water pump and radiator. Existing 108k mile rad had a slight crack in the usual spot.. and since I had the room and cooling system open I figured I’d put a pump onto it even if the old one wasn’t leaking yet.

And of course when I had it apart I discovered an oil leak at the timing chain cover, so the pump will have to come back off at some point in the future.

0FB844FC-9B58-4B6A-9829-51A31963A2B9.jpeg

180BF617-6549-4A00-B9A9-BFA17FE5D8EF.jpeg

Went monochromatic with my stickers. Both side windows match too.

72FBF663-2E72-4683-BA79-165873EE9932.jpeg

Joined the Rock Warrior club.

F91CA08B-B5C7-4A5D-89E5-C1F729566BAD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom