What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Arizona dust combined with just enough rain to make everything have a nice desert patina.

the flash made it look way more obvious than it is. Really a darker sand/dust color.

ARB changed their hose since Slee developed their kit. Home Depot (Husky) compressor drain hose fits like a glove.

At some point I should probably do a build thread for the Fat White Girl... She needs a better name. Ideas? Great White? The Albatross?

And she needs a bumper... hopefully we’ll find her a good one at Expo next week...

96729903-7248-4F90-8902-EC49D2958E87.jpeg

Rosanne (Barr)? Obvious analogy. ;)

Or maybe 'Hercules'. I like that one a lot, actually. Seems fitting for the beast.

Last edited:
Ironically a 'Thor' bought Brown Thunder! Reminds me, I need to update my profile pic. Hopefully I'll get some good ones in UT next week.

Arizona dust combined with just enough rain to make everything have a nice desert patina.

the flash made it look way more obvious than it is. Really a darker sand/dust color.

Did look like you under coated it or covered it with something. So it’s a protective desert coating ;)

40EAAFC2-6C05-4B0A-AD36-4A39112E2034.jpeg
Finally got time to install the Prinsu rack that I purchased from @codyaustin5 a couple of weeks ago. As I told Cody I had originally planned on upgrading my truck from the ground up, i.e. suspension, sliders, etc. and that o roof rack was in my not too distant plans......but, well, when a good deal on the right rack came along I couldn’t pass it up. Thanks @codyaustin5!

View attachment 1699105 Finally got time to install the Prinsu rack that I purchased from @codyaustin5 a couple of weeks ago. As I told Cody I had originally planned on upgrading my truck from the ground up, i.e. suspension, sliders, etc. and that o roof rack was in my not too distant plans......but, well, when a good deal on the right rack came along I couldn’t pass it up. Thanks @codyaustin5!

Nicely done!

It’s funny, because I had s shot at that rack and passed it up. And of course...here I am now leaning back toward Prinsu after all. Love the low profile...

I Snooze...I lose... ;)

Anyway—Congrats!

Nicely done!

It’s funny, because I had s shot at that rack and passed it up. And of course...here I am now leaning back toward Prinsu after all. Love the low profile...

I Snooze...I lose... ;)

Anyway—Congrats!
Thanks @Markuson, I really like the low profile as well. I’ve used Yakima roof rails on my vehicles for YEARS, with a combination of bike mounts, kayak mounts, roof basket, you name it. What I like about this rack is full coverage, and it sits lower than the stock rack with the aforementioned rails. Next up, Gobi ladder so I can climb up on top to secure stuff. Getting older, and reaching up there to tie stuff down is pain. Wonder if anyone has used a Gobi ladder with a Prinsu, and if it will clear the rack when the back hatch is open......

I towed with it.

ScPj1Jf.jpg

I wish I had anecdotes about how well it handled the 45 bags of mulch but I honestly didn’t even notice it back there.

Job done!
Q38aitg.jpg

View attachment 1699105 Finally got time to install the Prinsu rack that I purchased from @codyaustin5 a couple of weeks ago. As I told Cody I had originally planned on upgrading my truck from the ground up, i.e. suspension, sliders, etc. and that o roof rack was in my not too distant plans......but, well, when a good deal on the right rack came along I couldn’t pass it up. Thanks @codyaustin5!
Looks awesome! So glad you’ll be able to put it to good use!

Purchased new Interstate battery via Costco. Research indicated that the Toyota TrueStart had a prorated warranty and at 4+ years in, they'd give me a 25% discount on a new $130 battery and charge $65 for installation. Dealer said they had to install in order to warranty. No thanks.
Costco said I could return the battery core for the deposit "in a few weeks" so until then, am using it for bench testing and rebuilding the Warn 8274.

IMG_0869.JPG

Hammered a T55 torx bit into the front diff drain plug to remove it. BARELY worked. Replaced it with Lexus PN 90341-24016 which has a raised 14mm head vs a 10mm hex socket. With how locked up the stupid thing was I'm not sure I trust the 14mm head to not snap off..

The new one isn't as long but that shouldn't be a problem.

IMG_4397.JPG

IMG_4395.JPG

Installed my TJM bumper. I took the winch of my 80 series and installed it as well. Just need to wire up blinker/parking lights and mount the winch controller.

24358978-21F8-4D34-84F3-6A36B36985CB.jpeg

78BED1AD-7F8F-4231-A613-E640577C71CB.jpeg

A little nip / tuck planned. Upgrading to BP-51's and a single (for now) ARB drawer.

FE69AE32-4D02-4989-99E3-967460E1E320.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom