TRD SC Fan position vs stock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all - happy mother days to all mothers on this forum :)!

question I sill do not have sufficient cooling in my LX450 during summer days, my brother who is a pro in AC conditioning noticed that radiator fan is not seeded correctly as you can see on the image unis TRD provided spacer, he said that fan MUST sticks out 1/2 in relation to the shroud or it will not pull the air well enough to cool. I see that Wits'end selling orange TRD fan clutch that suppose to deal with this problem of my. any comments?

TY all.

Diesel_Clutch__24896.1456124561.jpg

fan.jpg

What plastic fan blades are you running?

cheers,
george.

TRD ring fan is an utter and total POS. I can get more airflow farting. Ditch asap!

cheers,
george.

see my post - I have TRD

TRD = 3.slo ring fan, the 3FE fan would a better choice. Better yet, only need ~.200" of spacer to run the 1FZ fan on a stock clutch.

Best approach is to use the orange hub clutch from Wits end and your original fan that was on the rig. Positions the fan correctly fore and aft and is modded with the heavy fluid.

so do I need that TRD spacer on 3FE or not?

Yes, but that fan has better blade offset, rearward, than the 3.slo, so works better.

The best fan to use is the fan that came with the truck. However it will contact the SC pulley without the spacer and contact the radiator with the spacer.

So I came up with modifying the orange clutch which is slightly taller than the Blue clutch to fit our water pumps.

Using this clutch allows you to use the 1FZ fan without the spacer and it doesn't contact the pulleys.

I further modify the clutch to perform better by pulling more air at all speeds.

Included with the clutch is 4 factory water pump studs in case you no longer have them from replacing them with the longer TRD studs.

this thread should help you understand what is going on.

LANDTANK fan clutch for S/C 1FZ

The best fan to use is the fan that came with the truck. However it will contact the SC pulley without the spacer and contact the radiator with the spacer.

So I came up with modifying the orange clutch which is slightly taller than the Blue clutch to fit our water pumps.

Using this clutch allows you to use the 1FZ fan without the spacer and it doesn't contact the pulleys.

I further modify the clutch to perform better by pulling more air at all speeds.

Included with the clutch is 4 factory water pump studs in case you no longer have them from replacing them with the longer TRD studs.

this thread should help you understand what is going on.

LANDTANK fan clutch for S/C 1FZ
ya the price is a bit steep $400 for the clutch fan.

I just spaced the stock fan off of a Blue modded fan clutch. I used 1/4" washers (IIRC) to space the fan away from the clutch to get just enough clearance between the superchager drive belt and edge of fan.
Cost about 60 cents...

I just spaced the stock fan off of a Blue modded fan clutch. I used 1/4" washers (IIRC) to space the fan away from the clutch to get just enough clearance between the superchager drive belt and edge of fan.
Cost about 60 cents...
can you pl post a picture .

Cost about 60 cents...
OK ty for the idea , I can make my own spacer from round block on aluminium .

I used spacers between the blue clutch and fan blades. Has worked perfectly

Reactions: RFB
Took some pictures of different spacer setups to use the stock fan. The first time I saw this done was Kyle in Payson, have put lots of miles on them, trail and road, but motor mounts, shroud, etc, are important.

First an Eaton, removed the studs, put flange nuts on backwards and screwed them back in. The nuts are ~.235" so that is the spacing. The fan is spaced out past the centering nubs, but is easy to center it by eye.
eaton_1.JPG

eaton_2.JPG

Without a base spacer and the size of the Eaton, needed some room to get the belt past the main pulley, chopped it in the lathe.
eaton_3.JPG

Close, like scary, but works fine.
eaton_4.JPG

Reactions: RFB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom