Club wheeling day May 12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hope it has lots of pictures, this book you're writting.
I know. Spelling is not a strong point for me. I know I'm screwed when auto correct dosen't know what I'm trying to spell. I really wish I paid more attention in school.

It's been a while, but I've got my ducks in order now,,, I'm in.

Crusha's getting some milage out a his new favorite emoji.

A perennial fave...just happened to be a handful of posts where it was "needed".

Was a very interesting day at Anthracite yesterday. Everybody was in the parking area as scheduled, just in time to see the skies open up for about five minutes. Rained like the dickens, after that deluge it was over for the rest of our day at the park. Smooth check in at the counter and off to the trails we went. There maybe a dozen jeeps there, half of them headed over to the other side of the highway so we pretty much had the park to ourselves.

Headed down the main road to get to milepost 731 when we ran into a barricade- the main road was closed. Hmmmm. Made a right to get up on the road on the hill that parallels the main road and we ran into another roadblock. The road was blocked by a large excavator working on the same pipeline that has the south side of Rausch AFU! The workers were cooperative and cleared our path without much hesitation. I had no idea AAOA was impacted by the pipeline construction.

From there we headed deeper into the park and eventually found that when we did get to 731 we could not enter because it, too, was cordoned off. Damn!!! Decided to head uphill again and did Twister. Still an interesting and somewhat challenging trail but in my opinion a little easier now than it was last year. Went up to the upper main road to access Barney Rubble. It was interesting in the wet- Crusha tried the hard side and decided to bail so we could get everyone through in a timely fashion. Got all the way down to the bottom and I couldn't believe my eyes- the trail was crisscrossed with large trees! They'd been cut down to fall across not only the bottom of Barney Rubble but also the normally accessible exit uphill and to the left. No way out. We had to run seven trucks around on Barney Rubble and that was not an easy task. Took our time and got everyone headed in the right (uphill!!!) direction and off to other trails.

Took a roundabout way to enter the other side of the park near the Bucket Trail. From there took the road through the long water puddle and accessed the culvert trail (finally!!!!). Was fun in the wet. Out of there we did the trail right across from the exit of the culvert trail. Stopped along that trail for lunch and chance to break out the RC cars. From there we did the bucket trail, then over to do muddy shackle. From there we headed out to the parking area was about 2:30. Some of the guys called it a day while several others opted to go back into the park and do some of the blue trails nearest the office. I had a party to go to and headed home so I don't know how the rest of the trails were.

While at the bucket trail we ran into the park manager and voiced our complaints about Barney Rubble being closed and the pipeline construction. No notice anywhere about either of those problems. He was apologetic and told us that a local had cut down the trees across BR, and was the subject of an ongoing criminal investigation. Wish we'd have known before heading downhill on BR! Had to winch a few times and that's always interesting. All in all though it was a good day with, I believe, a lot of smiling faces.

As always it's was a great day. Lots of smiling faces and helping hands. I always learn something new every time time I go out. Not much of a photographer but here's what I got.
20180512_145146.jpg
20180512_145152.jpg
20180512_145210.jpg
20180512_145213.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom