Mark's Off Road Warehouse Fire Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is her surgery date?

There is no date. She is waiting for a phone call. But it’s anyone’s guess what she will do when that phone call comes. Right now she’s done a 180 and says she’s not going to have the surgery. Keeps reminding me that my dad only had one eye for the last 20 years of his life.

What can I do? She’s got more estrogen right now than when she was in menopause. :eek: And her body is her vehicle: she has to be the driver. :steer:

Mark - If you need an extra pair of hands to do grunt repair work on the weekend, let me know. I'm up in Camarillo, and I take orders well. Will work for good stories and a little beer.

Jason

Mark - If you need an extra pair of hands to do grunt repair work on the weekend, let me know. I'm up in Camarillo, and I take orders well. Will work for good stories and a little beer.

Jason

Once I get caught up on a couple of customers jobs, I may take you up on that. On my way out to the desert last Thursday my 17 year old clutch in my 45 started slipping. I’m getting to the point in my life where I can’t handle a 4speed trans and t-case by myself any more .

With everything else that has been going on the last week, I plum forgot that I have quietly slipped past my 28th anniversary of opening the shop.

I am currently shopping for a bead blast cabinet, a long overdue purchase. I have to move three other elements of the shop first, including the spiritual anchor: my carb rebuilding workbench. Probably take another month. In the meantime, a shout out to @FJ40Jim , who gave me some good pointers on what to look for in a blast cabinet as well as placement considerations. And to @65FJ45 for hooking me up with a great deal on a compressor to run it.

Last edited:
With everything else that has been going on the last week, I plum forgot that I have quietly slipped past my 28th anniversary of opening the shop.

I am currently shopping for a bead blast cabinet, a long overdue purchase. I have to move three other elements of the shop first, including the spiritual anchor: my carb rebuilding workbench. Probably take another month. In the meantime, a shout out to @FJ40Jim , who gave me some good pointers on what to look for as well as placement considerations. And to @65FJ45 for hooking me up with a great deal on a compressor to run it.
Have you considered an aqua jet, its blasting with water and a ceramic media. It cleans realy well without damaging the parent material. It doesn’t even damage the rubber seals.

upload_2018-5-8_22-56-17.jpeg

One minute in the aqua jet.
View attachment 1697431

You have made your point. I also have a lot of parts that have multiple coats of non-factory paint, and many more where there is severe oxidation to contend with. I tried a 22k ultrasonic cleaner that would not budge this stuff.

You have made your point. I also have a lot of parts that have multiple coats of non-factory paint, and many more where there is severe oxidation to contend with. I tried a 22k ultrasonic cleaner that would not budge this stuff.
Its so clean that it looks like they painted everything with silver paint.

Well, Happy Birthday Mark's Off Road

I am currently shopping for a bead blast cabinet, a long overdue purchase. I have to move three other elements of the shop first, including the spiritual anchor: my carb rebuilding workbench. Probably take another month. In the meantime, a shout out to @FJ40Jim , who gave me some good pointers on what to look for as well as placement considerations. And to @65FJ45 for hooking me up with a great deal on a compressor to run it.

There is no date. She is waiting for a phone call. But it’s anyone’s guess what she will do when that phone call comes. Right now she’s done a 180 and says she’s not going to have the surgery. Keeps reminding me that my dad only had one eye for the last 20 years of his life.

What can I do? She’s got more estrogen right now than when she was in menopause. :eek: And her body is her vehicle: she has to be the driver. :steer:

Update. We are now looking at a road trip for an alternative treatment to surgery. Planning to leave for Chicago shortly after the first of June. If you need parts heavier parts delivered, can save on shipping. If you have something of interest to sell and are on my route, I could be your buyer.:grinpimp:. Might get to hook up with @Delancy on the way.:hmm:

I hope she gets the help she needs soon. Good luck and safe travels!

Thanks Dave. We’re packing now. Stopped for a break. I am humored by the fact that my duffle bag of clothes is a 3D scrapbook, as almost all my T-shirt’s are from Landcruiser events I’ve been to all over the country. Coal Miner, GSMTR, Roundup, Moab, Rising Sun, Tornado Alley, Hi Desert (ABQ), Glitter Gulch. And of course a lot of Rubithons.

Last edited:
So far, so good. Having an Omaha steak...in Omaha! Got to catch up with @devo in Arvada last night. Haven’t seen him or @chris777 since we did the Canyonlands expedition in 2007.

Reprise from our photo op in Toyota Trails
977299E6-B70A-4B32-9827-5FE88892781E.jpeg

Forgot to mention. Danny ( the blogger formerly known as pngunme) called from Vegas about a rear door latch and had one hand delivered in less than 24 hours. How’s that for service!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom