Ringing Rocks June 2nd & Skyline Mine June 3rd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
backcountryadventuretime.com
This is not an official 406 Cruisers Club Event. (I know the club has scheduled the Ringing rocks for the following weekend) I am putting this out there for anyone who might want to join.

I will update this first page as information becomes available and plans are set.

This tentative plan is as follows:

June 2nd- Saturday - Ringing Rocks from the Whitehall side
Bozeman meet up at 9 in the target parking lot. We will leave from Bozeman and drive to Whitehall.

From Whitehall we will meet up with @jtxterra and possibly more at the gas station around 10:30 -11:00

Plan is to do the trail and then camp out somewhere in the forest service. Unsure of the amount of snow on this trail.

June 3rd - Sunday - Elkhorn Mine Trail
Most likely in Boulder or close on Sunday Morning.

Meet in Boulder at the gas station at 10:00 for anyone showing up for Sunday

Snow maybe a factor on this trail- last year when the club did it about this time of year the mine was snowed over but i don't remember any on the trail itself, just a lot of streams running in the road. Definitely remember getting snow sprinkled on us at lunch.

Putting this out there for anyone that might want to join. Either to camp out and do them both or a day trip of one or the other. Neither trail is that hard (when dry), I believe there are decent bypasses for everything on ringing rocks but who knows how the snow will be a factor. Ringing rocks has a couple water crossings and some places to stretch your legs if i remember correctly. One big washed out hill that might be interesting

Please everyone have your vehicle in good working order and bring at the very least a functioning CB radio. Im sure we can find a loaner if needed. I will have my ham and will be on 146.46. Not sure if anyone else thats attending uses ham.

Saturday Ringing Rocks:
@ttFJC
@jtxterra
@Black798

Sunday Elfhorn:
@ttFJC
@jtxterra
@NutcaseAdam
@Black798

Anyone who wants to chime in with any info feel free

Blog posts from last time i did these trails
Trail Report – Ringing Rocks
Ringing Rocks – Memorial Day weekend 2017
Trail Report – Elkhorn/ Skyline Mine
Skyline to Elkhorn – Uncut
Elkhorn/Skyline Mine – June 2017

Last edited:
@ttFJC I am most likely out on this one. I'll be coming back to Bozeman on may 30 after being in Colorado for a week

I'm definitely in

I'm not sure on that yet but most likely

For some reason my email didn't tell me you tagged me in this. I will for sure be there for both days

This is not an official 406 Cruisers Club Event. (I know the club has scheduled the Ringing rocks for the following weekend) I am putting this out there for anyone who might want to join.

I will update this first page as information becomes available and plans are set.

This tentative plan is as follows:

June 2nd- Saturday - Ringing Rocks from the Whitehall side
we will most likely meet in Whitehall in the morning. Plan is to do the trail and then camp out somewhere in the forest service.

Unsure of the amount of snow on this trail.

June 3rd - Sunday - Elkhorn Mine Trail
The two of us are meeting another most likely in Boulder or close on Sunday Morning
We will do the trail and i will drive home to be back in Bozeman Sunday Night

Snow maybe a factor on this trail- last year when the club did it about this time of year the mine was snowed over but i don't remember any on the trail itself, just a lot of streams running in the road. Definitely remember getting snow sprinkled on us at lunch.

Putting this out there for anyone that might want to join. Either to camp out and do them both or a day trip of one or the other. Neither trail is that hard (when dry), I believe there are decent bypasses for everything on ringing rocks but who knows how the snow will be a factor. Ringing rocks has a couple water crossings and some places to stretch your legs if i remember correctly. One big washed out his that might be interesting with a trailer

Saturday Ringing Rocks:
Going:
@ttFJC
@FJPDX +4x4 trailer
@jtxterra

Sunday Elfhorn:
@ttFJC
@FJPDX+4x4 trailer
@jtxterra

Maybe:
@Black798

Super Lame:
@JohnnyOshow22

Anyone who wants to chime in with any info feel free

Blog posts from last time i did these trails
Trail Report – Ringing Rocks
Ringing Rocks – Memorial Day weekend 2017
Trail Report – Elkhorn/ Skyline Mine
Skyline to Elkhorn – Uncut
Elkhorn/Skyline Mine – June 2017
Didn't want to include me in the plans eh? I plan to meet y'all on Sat night at camp.

Didn't want to include me in the plans eh? I plan to meet y'all on Sat night at camp.

Right on. Added ya . I knew you were interested you just took a while chime in and say you were im

For some reason my email didn't tell me you tagged me in this. I will for sure be there for both days

For some reason i didnt see your response about this untill now. Updated.

spoke with my brother this weekend and it sounds like a couple big tire buddies might make the drive down from Missoula area as well

I’m updating the first post to pin down exact times and locations for meetings as well as those attending

Will have to see how work is going , been a screwed up year. Need to build a skid plate yet and might need a snorkel to get across the crick. Won't know till Saturday morning

I don’t remember the water crossings being that deep. You think they will be enough to really worry about ? I know a lot of run off but can’t be that bad right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom