My 77 FJ40 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the stock color on the long bodied hubs is silver/grey. Since this isn't a true restoration, I painted them black/red because they just look cooler in those colors. :)

image-jpg.937943

The Warns that were on there used bolts and I was out of time. Got some studs coming next week.

There are cone washers under there. Just can't see them :)

Had a blast with my cruiserhead buddies this weekend at the 20th Anniversary Lone Star Land Cruiser Roundup. I took the 40 out on the trail for the first time. I initially couldn't get it into 4Lo, but eventually manhandled it into gear.

Pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mPdEtclfQLVtxEg62

Had to steal this pic from Mike @The Phoenician :)

20180316_164336.jpg

Just ordered a dimmer switch for my 77. Do I need to remove my steering wheels in order to put it on ? Or does it just clamp on somehow behind the steering wheel ?
Thanks
-Artie
Got some more stuff installed/upgraded the last week or so. I was having some electrical issues with the turn signal switch and upgraded it with a new OEM Toyota assembly from Cruiser Corps. I can't believe how solid the turn signal switch feels.

View attachment 1407611

I seem to remember it was only held on by a couple of screws behind the steering wheel.

Not much to report. Just enjoying driving her to work on nice days.

I did install some new to me lower dash pads that I bought off @kevos37 .

20180715_100156.jpg

Looking forward to the Sniper install, but have to ask David, what is a Powersurge other than when my Ibuprofen kicks in. :)

It's a mini sealed tank that houses an electric fuel pump. It allows you to use your existing fuel pump setup with EFI and also extends the life of the electric pump since it's submerged and cooled by fuel.

It's a mini sealed tank that houses an electric fuel pump. It allows you to use your existing fuel pump setup with EFI and also extends the life of the electric pump since it's submerged and cooled by fuel.

I'm considering adding a sniper to my 60 and I'd be more than willing to give you a hand if you need it, which you probably don't. But I'd love to see how it all comes together first hand. Cheers!

Sure. I'm waiting on a kit from @FJ60Cam (due today) and the PowerSurge (due Saturday). Should be wrenching this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom