CSC Chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Phil, we are still in the valley for another week or so. We will be fine having a home here. It's my cruiser collection in garage that I could lose. Better climate to keep them just the lack of a winter knew it would be a bad fire season.

Good news from NWS this week, although winds, cooler temps and possibility of rain this week. From what I have noticed the forest service has put in a lot of clean up work in that area the last several years.

If you need help moving your vehicles, I can give you a hand.

@Living in the Past my offer to help you move your cruises down to Phoenix for the summer still stands, let me know how I can help.

Good news from NWS this week, although winds, cooler temps and possibility of rain this week. From what I have noticed the forest service has put in a lot of clean up work in that area the last several years.

Thanks for the offers. Probably know by morning if there is anything left. The whole area has been evacuated. When I left there this afternoon it looked back. Was planning on heading up in the morning with the car hauler and hopefully a spare driver but the area with the plan to bring back three. But in locked down now. Was lucky the ranger at Clint's well allow me past because the road was already closed. Some of the subdivisions were already under evacuation. Right after I got there got a notice on my phone our subdivision was under a mandatory evacuation. The whole area is under a evacuation. Power is off and forest is closed in the area three days late.

Hopefully this will not reach your house. Keep us posted if you need help

Thanks Steve, it was pretty scary up there. I remember another club member had a home on the other side of the highway and a friend of mine who is on Mud but lives in Iowa also has a home. Those are on the other side of the highway and where the fire was headed by the black smoke. Across the highway we have blue skies but smoke was not far away but blowing in another direction. Hoping they evacuated our area on the side of caution and to have everyone out of the area if the wind shifts. If we survive we should be heading back soon. Having a couple of things being done at our home in the valley. When those are ready to install I will be coming back down and will haul another one down each time. I ignored the evacuation notice long enough to load the 45 and a bunch of boxes of small parts. So the 70 FJ40 and 45 are here. That leaves four to go if we don't burn. Hoped to get three tomorrow but the whole area is evacuated. Hoping the fire passes quickly and they mop up our area and open it up again.

fingers crossed John!!! hope everyone and their belongings are safe!

John, any updates?

Looks like the Lake Mary Road is good, found this:
Tinder Fire Information - InciWeb the Incident Information System

There is a fire around Mormon Lake called the Long Fire. Was at five acres with no update and not even on Inciweb which makes me think it was out quick. The Tinder fire is more than ten miles away from the turn off to FH3 from SR87. There is a meeting in Winslow suppose to be going on now and broadcast on FB. Only thing can find is a short recording saying they are waiting on one of the speakers. As of this morning it looked like our subdivision was spared so far. If it goes as projected should be heading northeast away from our area. Few miles if continues like it has been it should be out out of the tall pines in a few miles. The shorter scrubs should burn faster and die out quicker with a lack of fuel. Gets pretty desolate heading towards Winslow.

Question on AZ vehicle inspections. Time has come to get our AZ plates I understand the emissions part but question on the safety part we have a hole in one of the headlights on the LX will this fail an AZ inspection? It is from a rock it penetrates the glass but does not affect function. (it would fail in NC)

In Nov. 2014 I titled and registered 99 4Runner with a Oregon title/registration. I registered it at.our cabin so no emissions. As for the rest there was no inspection period. No one even verified the VIN much less any type of safety inspection. Back in 2008 they at least verified the VIN but not anymore. Emissions does not do any safety inspection. 1996 and newer just a gas cap check and plug into the OBD2.

Question on AZ vehicle inspections. Time has come to get our AZ plates I understand the emissions part but question on the safety part we have a hole in one of the headlights on the LX will this fail an AZ inspection? It is from a rock it penetrates the glass but does not affect function. (it would fail in NC)

It is for general safety. Does it have seat belts and do the blinkers and horn work ect. Very basic and informal. You will be fine

It is for general safety. Does it have seat belts and do the blinkers and horn work ect. Very basic and informal. You will be fine

Where and when did you have a vehicle from another state have a inspection that looked at more than the VIN. I have brought in a number out of state vehicles in the last twenty years and never had anything more than a verification of the VIN which I'm guessing to be sure it's the vehicle your titling. My 99 4Runner did in Nov. 2014 at the DMV on 59th ave south of Bell and they never even looked at the vehicle. I parked where inspections are done and went inside when no one came out. After a while some one showed up to the desk and looked at me like I was crazy when I said I needed a out of state inspection.

If you have a current registration and title from another state once you go thru emissions just go to DMV with your information.

Where and when did you have a vehicle from another state have a inspection that looked at more than the VIN. I have brought in a number out of state vehicles in the last twenty years and never had anything more than a verification of the VIN which I'm guessing to be sure it's the vehicle your titling. My 99 4Runner did in Nov. 2014 at the DMV on 59th ave south of Bell and they never even looked at the vehicle. I parked where inspections are done and went inside when no one came out. After a while some one showed up to the desk and looked at me like I was crazy when I said I needed a out of state inspection.

If you have a current registration and title from another state once you go thru emissions just go to DMV with your information.

Phoenix when I moved down in 2005. Moved from Idaho and they did a little 5 minute inspection of the above mentioned parts on both of my vehicles.

Phoenix when I moved down in 2005. Moved from Idaho and they did a little 5 minute inspection of the above mentioned parts on both of my vehicles.

We moved my mom from NV to here in 2008. Waited until her NV plates expired in 2009 since she drove about two miles a week. When we did title here they verified the VIN on the dash and door. It was a 2007 so maybe why they didn't inspect anything but the VIN. By 2014 nothing, just the paper work. Seems strange since the new cars it would only require scanning the bar code.

We moved my mom from NV to here in 2008. Waited until her NV plates expired in 2009 since she drove about two miles a week. When we did title here they verified the VIN on the dash and door. It was a 2007 so maybe why they didn't inspect anything but the VIN. By 2014 nothing, just the paper work. Seems strange since the new cars it would only require scanning the bar code.

I never try to understand anything any government worker (especially MVD) does. Every rule seems to be made up on the spot and change daily.

I have never had any vehicle inspected at DMV even out of state licensed vehicles. I've found vehicle licensing has a lot of gray areas and many variables. For example I had registered my 86 Toyota pickup and the DMV allowed it to be emissions exempt in Maricopa county, it was not eligible for historic tag, etc either. I just happened to talk to the right person.

When I brought my FJ-40 back from New Mexico - towed behind my Tacoma - I stopped at the MVD office in Show Low along the way.

I just showed them the signed New Mexico title and my insurance card and they processed the title change and gave me temporary plates on the spot. They never left the office and never brought up the topic of inspection . . .

When I brought my FJ-40 back from New Mexico - towed behind my Tacoma - I stopped at the MVD office in Show Low along the way.

I just showed them the signed New Mexico title and my insurance card and they processed the title change and gave me temporary plates on the spot. They never left the office and never brought up the topic of inspection . . .

When was this? In 1996 I bought a FJ45 in CA. When I transfer title in Phoenix had a inspection to verify the VIN. Tried to tell the guy besides the VIN plaque on the firewall it was also stamped into the frame. He didn't listen just marked it having a single VIN location. When I bought it I was sure to verify the firewall plaque and frame VIN matched.:meh:

It really does depend on who you see. I bought a 1943 MBT 1/4 ton trailer. Title showed a lien. The guy I bought it from was 86. His father had a lien on it dating back to 1963. I'm sure his father had long since past. The man I bought from had early stages of Alzheimer's and lived in Stafford. Took it to the DMV on Bell close to Dysart road. Woman behind the counter just laughed when she seen it and issued me a title. Wrong person could have been a real nightmare.

@Living in the Past any update on the fire near your northern home? Any damage?

Fire is still active in the area. The evacuation was lifted last Friday. A subdivision just north of us is still on alert. Thirty-three homes in the area were lost and fifty-four other structures. I was up again on Sunday hauling more parts back. Our side of the highway was spared. Ours is a Fire Wise subdivision. Seeing the photos of homes that burned that may help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom