Builds Shipwreck (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New daughter board for your ecm EBL_Flash

that's cool... but it brings up the biggest problem with this system.... spending any money on it is money I could spend on upgrading to an FI tech system - and that is completely programmable... a new, burned chip from Howell's is $175, at that price point, I'm okay with testing... but at $435, I think that is beyond my redline. thanks, I'll store that away for future reference.

okay back to this thing.... it's been missing, some claim that the root cause is using a Bosch O2 sensor.... so it's changed, we'll see
vAQHWCi.jpg

bosch is on the left

two spark plug wires had inclusions
NZdfP3r.jpg

fortunately, I have spares
4Obi65M.jpg

driver's side, front to rear
JJ8wkAn.jpg

now drive it a bit - it still seems to have a slight miss so I guess I'll check the other side and the cap.....

time to fix oil issues
the rear has leaked, stopped leaking, then leaked again for awhile. time to replace
FFW379O.jpg

I also see I have a slight leak from the ps pump and the oil pressure has never made me happy. Even with the high volume it's 20 psi and the ifters start rattling (under load). The right fix is pull it apart and find out why it's losing pressure (likely there's a crack somewhere)... the other fix is to simply increase the pressure. stay tuned for how simple this is.

2 different parts stores, no one had a 14 bolt spindle seal in stock.... what the bloody hell? I suppose spark plugs for a sbc are special order as well?

other issues. I'm going to move the fuel tank - despite having insulation on top of the muffler, it's still too hot, which, interestingly, is mostly because I have cats on it. I'm not losing the cats, so where the batteries are will be the new fuel tank and the batteries will go under the passenger seat.... and while I'm at it, I may dump the old TBI and put a newer system in place... or 'just' put the 6.0 in. decisions, decisions. For now, I think I'll simply wrap the muffler with header wrap - not a permanent solution but should last the summer.

and to save someone some typing. I thought about single exhaust out the driver's side - the problem is getting the crossover in place, there is really no room with the linked front suspension.

Pan is back on
CBg09RE.jpg

waiting on a non-bypass filter adapter.... the plug was in the engine - which leaves 2 options - either the bypass isn't working right (not likely) or the pickup was too close to the pan...
I2xK4M2.jpg

onto other stuff... I bought a new, used hub then decided the outer bearing was too crunchy.... that I'll have tomorrow
GnPdloI.jpg

Pan is back on
CBg09RE.jpg

waiting on a non-bypass filter adapter.... the plug was in the engine - which leaves 2 options - either the bypass isn't working right (not likely) or the pickup was too close to the pan...
I2xK4M2.jpg

onto other stuff... I bought a new, used hub then decided the outer bearing was too crunchy.... that I'll have tomorrow
GnPdloI.jpg

it came, I destroyed it, used another one that I had... oh well, thanks Amazon

so waiting still for the non-bypass filter adapter - so I bolted this one back on and tried it. it works - oil pressure cold is almost 80 psi (about 20 more then before and this is with lighter weight oil)
TAgPq8H.jpg

shortened the dipstick tube so it reads correctly with 6 quarts (including filter)
RR1iKEq.jpg

taking the burrs off
kp4gx0G.jpg

back together
A6iX3Ri.jpg

6ylQuaB.jpg

still lots to do, but this way a friend can use the lift on Sunday .... I'm thinking it'll be a radio day - I need to remove the CB, install a different (same, just another one) radio, pull the radio with the remote face then put that in my Colorado.... I also got the toolbox loaded - I've decided one "go" kit, one "toolkit" and one "med" kit that will transport between my various vehicles. I may go so far as one tow kit (winch, snatch blocks, tow ropes, snatch ropes, etc). The idea I'm working on is they lock in specific places in each vehicle. More on this with the Colorado and Suburban threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom