What are you working on? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeap hardtop softtop or no top, all fit a 40 just fine.
Starting to get an oem softtop itch....that i hope goes away.
Thought i was past the soft phase but with style tops and bows availible....i hope i stay strong...
I’ve trained myself...
Power steering, disc bakes, lockers, SOA. If you repeat if long enough the FST goes away.

6D24E2C7-3A77-4155-9D52-B542DA21F4DD.jpeg
Representing for the Keystone Cruisers in Moab!

Took the top off the 40 yesterday, the warm weather really was an inspiration. Never ceases to amaze me how different the truck looks sans the top and doors, really looks like an entirely different vehicle. And it handles much better with all that stuff that makes it a bit top heavy removed and sitting in the top of my garage. I'd guess the four doors, two hardtop sides and the fiberglass roof weigh about 195 pounds in all. Even sounds better with the top off!
I also removed the CB radio. I never liked it, usually turned it off when on the trail and am glad it's gone. Guess maybe I'll get a HAM radio to replace it. I must say the hand help radios that the Capital City guys use work quite well.
@shmukster I just bought two more BF-F8HPs as a kit, happy to sell you my third once I get it programmed with as many club channels as I can find.

What trails have you done so far?
Did Fins n things, Hells Revenge, Porcupine Rim and Top of the world. Back in Denver now, rig had 0 issues and I had a blast!

Got the AC charged on the cammo cruiser. No issues there and ready for cool driving. Still need to get that knuckle rebuild done though. I have all the parts, just need to find the time and effort.

Put new belts on the LX450, used a paperclip to clear out the port for the EGR and got my PO0401 code to go away long enough to pass inspection. Still need to address the dragging parking brake on the LX. I can feel the heat coming off the wheel area after driving it, so I guess that is the next project.

Picked up 4x4 Labs rear bumper from Brian ... thanks again!!
rear bumper.jpg

Had it blasted at Sieberts in E-town and now have it primed. Anyone have experience cutting the rear frame rails and/or the tools to do it? Food/beers/$$ for help.
20180503_170839[1].jpg

@shmukster I just bought two more BF-F8HPs as a kit, happy to sell you my third once I get it programmed with as many club channels as I can find.

Are you using Chirp to program them? I have CLCC freq saved in Chirp if you would like them.

Still need to address the dragging parking brake on the LX. I can feel the heat coming off the wheel area after driving it, so I guess that is the next project.
Anyone have experience cutting the rear frame rails and/or the tools to do it? Food/beers/$$ for help.
Can you smell burning brakes, heat could be a wheel bearing too.

I've never installed one of those bumpers but am sure I have the skill and toolsto do so.

Can you smell burning brakes, heat could be a wheel bearing too.

I've never installed one of those bumpers but am sure I have the skill and toolsto do so.

Sadly, I have no sense of smell ... like zero. I just know I could feel the heat coming off of it. It makes a whining sound when I turn left and changes pitch a bit with speed. I believe it all started after I pulled the parking brake one day. I also noticed that when it went through the car wash yesterday that the drivers side rear wheel would occasionally not rotate, but just push along the track for the wash.

Andy - If you want to cut the frame shoot me a text and let me know what you think it's worth.

https://www.amazon.com/BaoFeng-BF-F8HP-Two-Way-136-174MHz-400-520MHz/dp/B00MAULSOK

^^^ Is this what we are using for coms now instead of a CB? Do I need the HAM License for this? Just trying to get on-board with coms and buy the right thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom