What are you working on? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fleshing it out! (whatever that means)

IMG_20180418_144117.jpg

Lawnmower maint ... had a leak in the hydrostatic drive. Next time I will drain the oil first. Angle leaked oil into the muffler a bit, but I think the leak is fixed and full tune up kit done to my 97 Deere.

20180421_133105[1].jpg
20180421_133123[1].jpg

Lawnmower maint ... had a leak in the hydrostatic drive. Next time I will drain the oil first. Angle leaked oil into the muffler a bit, but I think the leak is fixed and full tune up kit done to my 97 Deere.

View attachment 1684550 View attachment 1684551
That's how you will unload your engine. And I had the same problem with my 93 cub cadet 1641. I just fixed it.

Had a minor vibration in the 62 at speed for a few years. I run dynamic wheel balencing disks behind whatever wheel/tire combo I happen to be running and when I went to the 35s the vibes didn't change.

I turned up the fuel a few months back, the vibes got way more pronounced in high torque situations...
I've been lugging around a rear drive shaft for years as a trail spare. Swapped 'em out yesterday!
Should be a WAY more pleasant ride down to NC tomorrow.

Can't imagine why that candy cane vibed :doh:

IMG_20180424_115113.jpg
IMG_20180424_115108.jpg
IMG_20180424_115100.jpg
IMG_20180424_115056.jpg

Fleshing it out! (whatever that means)

View attachment 1684463
In addition to this, I now have power and air and.......
....my tire machine/balencer followd me home recently.
If any members need wheels/tires mounted/dismounted in the PHL area, hit me up.
I like beer and talking trucks.

A pair of 4x4labs baskets for the rear of the new 80.
I had a half cabinet in the green truck..so thought id try something different.
and i really like that they offer their stuff in kit form...had one of their rear bumpers on the green truck that pretty much paid for it's self within a week of getting it finished.
could i have come up with my take on their idea? yeap no problem...but not for less than 250 bucks in time and material.

20180502_164144.jpg

Last edited:
top off 1 May 4 2018.jpg
Top off 2 May 4 2018.jpg
Took the top off the 40 yesterday, the warm weather really was an inspiration. Never ceases to amaze me how different the truck looks sans the top and doors, really looks like an entirely different vehicle. And it handles much better with all that stuff that makes it a bit top heavy removed and sitting in the top of my garage. I'd guess the four doors, two hardtop sides and the fiberglass roof weigh about 195 pounds in all. Even sounds better with the top off!
I also removed the CB radio. I never liked it, usually turned it off when on the trail and am glad it's gone. Guess maybe I'll get a HAM radio to replace it. I must say the hand help radios that the Capital City guys use work quite well.

Last edited:
Yeap hardtop softtop or no top, all fit a 40 just fine.
Starting to get an oem softtop itch....that i hope goes away.
Thought i was past the soft phase but with style tops and bows availible....i hope i stay strong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom