Builds Outsane/Solvefunction/Cruisin2Camp Build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This little guy holds my propane bottles
20180212_181903.jpg
20180212_182321.jpg

Went to flush out the power steering fluid and the return line snapped.

Replaced both hose, cycled the steering. Still have a whine in the system, i should probably replace the other two lines amd find a better way to flush all the old fluid.

Flushing PS system is pretty straightforward...

Take off return line from reservoir, and point it down into a catch can (You might need a longer extension of hose to get to an open area). Then plug the 90° hardline off the reservoir you just pulled the hose from. Jack up the front axle to have the wheels off the ground. Then with engine off turn wheel lock to lock and cycle the old fluid out. Ensure the reservoir stays full and doesn't run dry. After a few minutes you'll have new fluid coming out.

Love this truck. You’ll love the icon springs, i do. They settle pretty low, i dont think theyre not really a 3”. They ride great and wheel great, low and high speed. I used fox ifp shocks, lotta hate on those due to failures, but they ride well while they work. The icon shocks i bet are a lot better for longevity.

I've read on other car forums to add a teaspoon of downey fabric softener to the power steering fluid to make it quieter. I don't know if it works but you can give it a try. On my old Nissan Maxima, I replaced the high pressure hose with a cheap knockoff for half the price. However the cheap hose came with ten times the noise of OEM.

Looking good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom