St. Anthony Sand Dunes May 5-6 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! We're getting close to the first trip of the year, St. Anthony Sand Dunes. And apparently everybody's excited since there's already a full thread HERE.
Most of the points have been covered in the thread linked above but I want to reiterate a few points:
  • CB radios are REQUIRED. Firstly cause it's a club run, but secondly for safety at the dunes it is even more important! There will be limited sight situations so spotting and communication is critical.
  • Secure your gear. This is a good practice on any trail but the dunes can afford some extra movement and angles not common during regular trail driving. So make sure everything is tied down.
  • Recovery gear will be used. Mainly some type of sand ladder (Maxtrax) and snatch straps for a little tug, but also potential winching to recover vehicles. So bring whatever you have in those departments. As well as normal tire deflation/inflation equipment.
  • Flags. They are required at the dunes. 406 Cruisers has 8 flags for folks to use. If the numbers grow beyond what we have flags can always be purchased locally for less than 20 bucks.
So just for a general head count:
Some folks heading down Friday afternoon/evening (there's people meeting at 5pm Friday at Casey's Corner in 4 Corners):
@JohnnyOshow22 @ttFJC @1jzhilux @Black798 @Tanaman @87BJ74

Other folks looking for a Saturday morning departure (I recommend meeting at 6am at Casey's Corner in 4 Corners, that will get everyone to the dunes by 9am.):
@Bozotaco @4gotalot @BUGMAN2 +1 @Chad Karch

And I will be heading down Saturday night or Sunday Morning, so if there's anyone else that works Saturdays or can only swing Sunday let me know:
@MontanaLax

So please chime in if you're planning to attend and not yet listed...

And really all the addresses, maps, and camping info has been mentioned IN THIS THREAD (same one as above) so no need to copy it all here.

One last note, coms will be:
CB channel 4 and HAM 146.460

Last edited:
I'll be at Casey's Corner Saturday morning.

Attn MontanaLax. I will also be at Casey's Corner Saturday morning and departing at 6:00.

engo-sand-track-traction-mats-hero.jpg

Does any store locally sell those traction mats?

I'm not aware of anywhere in Bozeman that stocks them. Plenty of places that would order them in but that's probably it.
Last Frontieein Bozeman actually has them in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom