The slow progress of Spot the Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gregg’s distributors has a easy to bend hard line that is super easy to work with, and bends by hand. I highly recommend that!

One day left to get ready for safety, 10 to get ready for Utah.

Pulled it out of the shed tonight and around the yard a bit. Will bleed and test the brakes tomorrow, then tackle a small list of things I haven't gotten to, and a few ongoing annoyances. Will need to pull a few thing out out the parts pig in daylight (seat belts, wiper motor and switch....), hopefully have time to try adjusting the door hinges to get all the doors closing decently smooth....
IMG_20180502_051004.jpg

Last edited:
Gregg’s distributors has a easy to bend hard line that is super easy to work with, and bends by hand. I highly recommend that!
Gregg's is great. Used them some in Edmonton and Calgary when I was out west. Closest location AFAIK Is Saskatoon though, 6 hours away. Luckily Canadian Tire has the hard lines too.

Spot and Chromeo made it to town for their spa day. Hoping there isn't much that pops up in the safety, though there's definitely still some finessing to do..
IMG_20180503_100247.jpg

Need to improve the brake pedal travel / feel (adjust clearance between master rod and booster?), otherwise good to go. :) Knew going in that brake feel was poor, but ran short on time crossing everything off the list.

Last edited:
Saaaweeeet

Rear locker diff in. Had to splice some wiring on the actuator, as I goofed and crushed the original plug and pinched off some wires. Still need to run the wiring to the cab and hook up the control circuit.
IMG_20180505_011150.jpg

IMG_20180506_041259.jpg

Sectioned the rear bumper I had on Wobble to fit with the frame width on Spot. Hopefully will be able to modify the front bumper tomorrow.
IMG_20180506_150452.jpg
IMG_20180506_150455.jpg

Looking good

Safetied, registered, road tested and heading to Utah in the morning. Still some finessing to do, but ready to jump in the deep end. :)
IMG_20180511_185535_hdr.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Good push to get the old girl ready. Hoping for some pics on the trail next...

A few pictures from Monday out at Sand Hollow I stole from Charla... Have sorted out / finished off a few things down here as we've had time, finding a few more annoyances to deal with at home. All in all, really happy with how Spot is doing on this shakedown, and having a good time down here. The SW corner of Utah seems to offer great scenery and a mix of mild and serious trails without the crowds of Moab.
IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_7369.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

Spot will get some attention soon. Drilling season should end on Sunday... thank goodness, it's been a long and tiring one.

First order of business will be to unload all the gear in the back that's been there since Utah.... And dig into the transmission to see why it stopped doing a very good job of transmissioning on the last day of the trip.

Finally got to work on Spot.

Transmission trouble seems to stem from a moderate misalignment between the 3rd-4th shift collar in the transmission (1953 casting date) and the 3rd-4th shift fork in the top plate (1955).

Bolting the top plate on forced as far back as the bolt holes would allow improved things a bit (no more popping out of 3rd, less intense grinding when in gear), so I removed material from the front side of the fork and added to the rear. Seems all good now other than the 4th synchro being worn out. No more dead pig, I can have some fun again in between finishing and fixing things on Spot's to do list. :)

Also got the indicator light for the rear locker working, was a break in a wire back by the diff.

Had spot out to do some chainsaw work out on the "back field". Been looking at what I can set up for trails that will allow some wheeling around home without cutting through the crops. :)
IMG_20190506_183407_hdr.jpg

I think this area will become the "Ruby Pond" trail. Have in mind another loop that would be "Bins and Things". :p
IMG_20190506_195553_hdr.jpg

IMG_20190506_195807_hdr.jpg

Last edited:
Spot might be "coming to a town near you!!" soon. 🤞

Started working on a rad fan shroud. Using typical RockDoc raw materials. :p

IMG_20190514_182006.jpg
IMG_20190514_192014.jpg
IMG_20190514_205227.jpg

Can you please just spray can that driver door green already, doesn't have to match but something not red would be nice! ;)
1 banana job!

Can you please just spray can that driver door green already, doesn't have to match but something not red would be nice! ;)
1 banana job!

It's actually a matching green under the red. Maybe I can bump cutting down through to the green closer to the top of the to do list for you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom