Found part on ground during engine/clutch install, anyone recognize where it goes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like technique but sometimes for me at least, it's hit or miss. I just now took my biggest Vice Grips to the top row of my firewall. Modified it a wee bit. For the 1st time in forever, that #%*¥ valve cover slipped right on.

I like technique but sometimes for me at least, it's hit or miss. I just now took my biggest Vice Grips to the top row of my firewall. Modified it a wee bit. For the 1st time in forever, that #%*¥ valve cover slipped right on.
What was the magic move?

What was the magic move?

Vice Grips, big, large 'real' Vice Grips. On my firewall just directly above the end of the head is a large rim. Took the Vice Grips and bent that rim up up & away. I'm sure its stock but my valve cover always hit/touched in my futile attempts to install it. Well not always...as OSS suggested sometimes my technique did work.

Ha! But now I don't have to have technique. It also helps to not have that front engine hoist hook. Save it tho, might need it one day. This engine rebuild came with an honest 350k on the clock.

We all like pictures:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I don’t have the hook on the rear but it is in front. And yes I wondered if your were gonna say that lip that sticks out. Unfortunately I ditched the J hose that hooks into the hardline that goes behind the firewall on driver side and then back out on passenger side. I couldn’t source a new J hose at all. Nothing came close enough so I sent a straight section up and over the cover... but I shoulda made it a few inches longer cuz it makes wrestling the cover off that much more annoying.
So I hear you on technique. At this point whatever works that makes it easier, I’m game.

FYI, love the bold sharpie dates on the hoses. That’s so me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom