Builds Codyaustin5's Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cody, great looking build! Very inspiring.

I'm wondering about the way the LED fog cube is mounted in the ARB plastic housing. Can you provide close up pics? I have a cheapo cube mounted on one of the side (pivot?) brackets in the ARB plastic housing. Mine does not rattle that much unless hitting big bumps or washboards, but it is not straight. I'd like to see how you did it.

Here is a photo of present setup - forgive the trim work that I need to refine and finish off with edge-lok under the headlight.

2017-07-20-arbbumperledfog_orig.jpg
Yes Slee upgrade. Very solid and puts out a ton of light. The amber covers allow me to use on street otherwise everyone thinks I have my brights on. Also works great in snow. Pics below

IMG_7971.JPG

IMG_7972.JPG

Last edited:
Do you pictures of the seat covers you mention in post #46?
Here you go... literally takes about 30 seconds to put on or remove. Got them on eBay.

IMG_7973.JPG

IMG_7974.JPG

Truck looks great. I had a question as to how you blacked out the chrome on the rear hatch while still leaving Land Cruiser in chrome? I am trying to get rid of as much chrome as possible. Thanks in advance.

Truck looks great. I had a question as to how you blacked out the chrome on the rear hatch while still leaving Land Cruiser in chrome? I am trying to get rid of as much chrome as possible. Thanks in advance.
Plasti dipped whole rear garnish and then tooth picked out the letters. Patience is a virtue on this project ...

Plasti dipped whole rear garnish and then tooth picked out the letters. Patience is a virtue on this project ...
Wow. Okay thanks for that information. I am not sure I have the patience for that.... ha ha

I keep coming back to the plasti dipped rear emblem. Did you remove the emblem or just tape it off and then apply it? I couldn't find any instructions about how to remove the emblem. Wanting to give this a try.

I keep coming back to the plasti dipped rear emblem. Did you remove the emblem or just tape it off and then apply it? I couldn't find any instructions about how to remove the emblem. Wanting to give this a try.

Does the plasti-dip adhere to the “chrome” or did you do some surface prep?

Prinsu rack - most recent mod and so far very pleased. Easy install and still working on a few attachments and how I will utilize the rack more in the future. ARB awning was the first priority and looking a few different attachment methods. Starting to look at roof top tents and leaning towards Tepui.

How is the rack? Anything attached? Any pics?

Does the plasti-dip adhere to the “chrome” or did you do some surface prep?
Plastidip direct on the chrome. No prep. I did let the plastidip settle for a month or 2 before picking out the letters. Held up now for about 3 years. No touch up since but will probably redo soon as starting to fade.

How is the rack? Anything attached? Any pics?
Funny you should ask... I literally just sold the rack last week. I really liked it but bought it to utilize a roof top tent which didn’t really work out. We need a 4 person tent and they weigh about 250 lbs. no way my wife and I could take on and off each time as I didn’t want to drive everyday with it on. Too much hassle unfortunately, which there are some great threads with the pros and cons of rooftop tents. I never used the prinsu for anything else except for my Thule rooftop box which works with the stock rack just fine.

If you’re going to use it for its intended purpose it is fantastic and really like how low profile it is compared to front runners. Also the ability to adjust all the cross bars and tie down points are nice as well.

Funny you should ask... I literally just sold the rack last week. I really liked it but bought it to utilize a roof top tent which didn’t really work out. We need a 4 person tent and they weigh about 250 lbs. no way my wife and I could take on and off each time as I didn’t want to drive everyday with it on. Too much hassle unfortunately, which there are some great threads with the pros and cons of rooftop tents. I never used the prinsu for anything else except for my Thule rooftop box which works with the stock rack just fine.

If you’re going to use it for its intended purpose it is fantastic and really like how low profile it is compared to front runners. Also the ability to adjust all the cross bars and tie down points are nice as well.

Thanks for the info! I really dig your rig. I’ve turned my attention to my 200 series from my 100 series...I really like your grille and hood.

Time to update the build....

Removed the black hood wrap. No particular reason other than I wanted a change. Easy to remove and I get free materials through work. :)

Changed tires to Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285-75/17. They are larger than the 34” KO2 I had on them so I got the 3/4” Bora spacer so it doesn’t rub the kdss bar. Had no rubbing with the BFGs. First impressions the ko2 feels lighter but could also be they were a D rating and Nitto are E. Rides nice and will play with pressure and BPs to fine tune.

Added a snorkel. I’ve always loved the look but was always weary of getting one. Once you commit you can’t go back. Love how it looks on the silver and plays into the silver/black theme I got going. No wind noise or vibrations. A+

Got tired of the small V8 emblem on the back so thought I would even out the side with the tundra logo. I think I like it. Definitely stands out more. Also touched up the plastidip on the LC emblem. Held up nicely the last 4 years.

Decided against the “high maintenance” battery upgrade and just a higher quality interstate battery compared to the stock Panasonic that was in there. It was reading low as well.

Brakes were ready to be replaced and after quite a bit of research I ended up going with DBA rotors and pads. Not much more than oe ones. Definitely more bite and work better as the brakes heat up. Also no break in period which is nice.

Oddly my tpms system went haywire after new tires went on. Thought for sure the clowns broke the sensor at BigO. After careful review with Slee it just went bad and had to replace one. Back to normal!

As posted previously I sold my prinsu and went back to my Thule system. Works great with all my Thule attachments and fits my needs. Do miss the look of the prinsu though.

Trail Trailer rear bumper is holding up great and get compliments all the time. Didn’t know it would be a one of a kind especially since no one else has one with no swing outs! Very happy with that decision as I use the cargo area all the time and didn’t want to swing out every time I got back there.

Lastly, thought long and hard on changing out my rock warriors as the off set was hindering my tire choices. In the end decided to keep them and glad I found the smaller bora spacer vs the 1.25” Spidertrax. Someone should definitely try out the SCS wheels as that is what I was going to get.

Pics

F9638791-995A-44DA-96F2-A67A2DD0E8E0.jpeg

F3A6E6FF-0186-436C-8A58-3BC289635E42.jpeg

66FE4A0E-284D-43DA-9030-728074C9E422.jpeg

1B67EFA0-5BD8-429A-89C2-5586D9BB530D.jpeg

You took the Snorkel plunge! :)

I like it. Tires look perfect.
Looking forward to checking it out in person in a couple weeks.... :cheers:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom