♦ Copper State Classic Cruize ♦ April 22nd, 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe Steve should fill us in, there is a fine line between the two.
upload_2018-4-15_21-57-39.png

Could use a 60 mile marker and approx meet eta at the trailhead for those coming in from the South. I am planning on taking the 77 to the 177 (stopping at Maria's in Hayden for burritos to pack lunch) and heading west from Superior.

Thumbs up for Maria's Burritos! worth the drive....

if I can remember the turn off, on the way back down the mountain, we will stop at the old stone miners cabin...

0416181311.jpg

So do this fit the instrument cluster, turn signal indicators, 4WD light on the dash and possibly the side clearance lights used on a 70 FJ40 if so have a use for some. If things go as planned will have it in the valley by the end of the week.:bounce:

It fits my turn signals, but someone said that it was brighter than necessary for those. I would think the 4wd indicator would be the same. My'72 side marker lights were a bigger bulb. I only did the 2 illumination bulbs and the high beam indicator. My high beam light is so old and crusty that the led is barely visible behind it.

Is there a gas station near?
Goldfields chevron is about 3 miles east of the jack in the box meeting point on the north side if the road

FWIW, and I've no idea if this is still in effect or what was even what. I may just have a foggy memory perhaps, but when we last went, a year or so ago, Hewitt station was closed and we had to re route a bit.

As for that cabin @murf , You can actually eye ball this cabin from the top of the switchbacks ( sharp eye ) but binoc's are even better. There is a cool mine that's very walking distance from the back of the cabin, thru the gully/wash. It's worth a look around for sure.

Stopping at the top with awning or grabbing shade is the best spot, imo, for lunch and relaxing as it's the highest point with the best views. This is one of my favorite, bring out of towners, close to home loop.

Safe trip fellas, really great scenery!

Wish I had a vintage rig!

Last edited:
Murf, here is the latest list of people wanting to attend and I know some folks are looking to tag along with vintage driver estimating 20 trucks possibly. Just trying to help keep track of who to watch for Sunday morning:

Murf

Garrissey

Jack A

Brices123

Hank Tank

SamToddLee

FTBShop

TTubb

Medtro

Splitshot

Living in the Past

Stepmurr

LC69hunter

Cruddz

Morsel

Jeff Mounuments

Fishbone60

Cruizer971

Letsride

GeoRoss

BushmanAZ

Rocky_LC

Last edited:
What is the communication format? CB, HAM or walkie talkie?

I can bring a couple of hand helds and a portable CB.

Last time I checked my hand held was not working.:meh: I'll bring it along if I remember to grab it out of the FJ62. Got the slave cylinder for clutch replaced today. Test drove and working great. Just need to get a few more things done and get it back to the valley.

Last edited:
Murf, here is the latest list of people wanting to attend and I know some folks are looking to tag along with vintage driver estimating 20 trucks possibly. Just trying to help keep track of who to watch for Sunday morning:

Murf

Garrissey

Jack A

Brices123

Hank Tank

SamToddLee

FTBShop

TTubb

Medtro

Splitshot

Living in the Past

Stepmurr

LC69hunter

Cruddz

Morsel

Jeff Mounuments

Fishbone60

Cruizer971

Letsride

GeoRoss
Not me, I have to work.

Murf

Garrissey

Jack A

Brices123

Hank Tank

SamToddLee

FTBShop

TTubb

Medtro

Splitshot

Living in the Past

Stepmurr

LC69hunter

Cruddz

Morsel

Jeff Mounuments

Fishbone60

Cruizer971

Letsride

GeoRoss

Wow, thanks Steve. Nice summary and its appreciated!
Looking like its shaping up to be great ! :cool:
What is the communication format? CB, HAM or walkie talkie?

I can bring a couple of hand helds and a portable CB.

Im bringing both cb (ch 14) and ham (ch 146.460)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom