You've been spotted (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seen a couple of nice 40s (only got a pic of 1) and a ncie 60 around Tucson lately. Not sure if any of the owners are CSC members.
IMG_2639.JPG
IMG_2680.JPG

A little cruiser stalking saw this 60 driving out of the Lowe's parking lot in Apache Junction today tried to catch him but it was like two tortoises racing.
20180414_102724.jpg

Nice 80 on 101s friday afternoon. Arb front rear. fj lookin wheels.

EGvOJv8.jpg

Last edited:
Spotted...myself! Actually I was in the 80 following my wife home from my older sons track meet earlier this week. Sorry had to do it.

20180411_165912.jpg

Saw a really nice 200 with all the fruit headed up Campbell this afternoon. Nice bus whoever has it!

no pic but saw a very modified GX470 over near Scottsdale North Hospital area. lifted, big tires, roof rack with a roof top tent, bumpers, etc. It was impressive - im starting to like these more and more as I see more of these being modified.

As I passed him by I gave him a big thumbs up - it was a young man with a huge smile on his face ~

F5D7D1EA-1BF5-4DF2-9995-6DD7878E9EF4.jpeg
Spotted this “real” and nicely setup Cement 4Runner TRD Pro yesterday on Indian School near 35th Street. So many “fakes” out there

I see a TON of "nicely set up" 4runners. A LOT, and I smile. They look good. Yet it's appears now it's the trendy or cool thing to do/be. A beefy rig. Not too mention it ain't cheap to get there, mods etc. 5-10 years ago, who knew of RTT or awnings, racks ect aside from folks needing...needing the bells and whistles purpose driven people, the ones that paved the way and used those implements! If you needed it, you got it, fab'ed it or figured it out. (and may now be a forum vendor!!) Now everyone has an RTT, i see them all over the place and if not that, then you must, at the very least, have a roof basket clamped on.

The aftermarket is thick for 4runner. I think they all look very serious. Not owing one, and not hanging out on t4r, nor being aware of the in's and out's ( ie: issues ) that forums like to bring to light; I think Toyota killed it with this gen. They look business.

However, I still think gen 3 runners, tastefully modded, are truly timeless. You'd never know the rig was a 2002 unless asking. Toyota seems oddly proficient with timeless designs.

Best color along with desert sand or whatever they call it.

@blatant yes agree with the 3rd, they really are timeless and with the 3.4 quite durable over the miles. Seems more available for them than even now with Gen5. The only bad style IMO was gen 4, although very well made as they all seem to be

no pic but saw a very modified GX470 over near Scottsdale North Hospital area. lifted, big tires, roof rack with a roof top tent, bumpers, etc. It was impressive - im starting to like these more and more as I see more of these being modified.

As I passed him by I gave him a big thumbs up - it was a young man with a huge smile on his face ~
Not sure if it is the same guy but there is a Blue (metallic teal?) one in my neighborhood i see often near Arcadia. It has a howling moon or EZ-Awn RTT, lift/tires and possibly a rear bumper. These have really grown on me as well. Prices pretty good, and so much easier to find a mall cruiser that's still got the factory chrome wheels and never been abused.

Bummer is they still have the “mall Cruiser” stigma. Not enough clearance.....

That one does like nice but in no way stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom