Hello all (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening all,

Been poking around a few months now in anticipation of getting my recently inherited LC from my father. Quick back story, he bought this rig roughly 25 years ago to run back and forth to his property where he (actually we) spent many a night and weekend clearing land to build a house. I was a mere teen ager when he bought this ol girl. I was driving on the back roads of rural Ohio long before I had a driver's license...suffice to say I fell in love with "Panda" from the get go. Pops ran the LC pretty regularly for the first 10 years until he moved into his new property at which point it became a glorified atv running trails on the property. It almost never touched a public road from that point on until eventually it got parked in the back of his barn and forgot about for several years. After much prodding and poking "Panda" is now in my hands. I've got my work cut out for me! Dad never abused Panda per se, but he is very frugal and things just kinda got let go when they should have been fixed . Realistically, I want to get Panda road Worthy in the short term so we can cruise local back roads and trails. Enjoy her for a few Summers until the kids are out of the house and I've got the time and money to give Panda the frame off she deserves.

So, the short list to get it back on the road:

Radiator is rotted along the bottom. There is a local guy that re cores radiators, I'm going to take it to him and see what he says.

Brakes all the way around, likely brake lines as well.

All fluids/filters

4wheel drive cable appears frozen

Choke cable missing

I'm sure there will be plenty of other things as I get into it, good news is I drove it 25 miles home last fall, for as long as she sat I was pleasantly surprised. Radiator gave out as I was doing a lap around the property with the kids . Oh well.

One question I have, the only Vin tag I can find is on the passenger side fender well. Is there supposed to be anything else? Doesn't seem to be alot of information on the tag.

IMG_20170826_125021621.jpg
IMG_20180407_084323900_TOP.jpg
IMG_20180407_084353812.jpg

Congratulations on scoring your Dad's 40!

Nice rig for being in Ohio. One thing you said is for sure, " There will be plenty of other things as you go". It does become an addiction.

Wow a 67, heavy steel tub, awesome! Love those pin stripes.

If you take a wire brush to the passenger side frame horn you’ll uncover a vin stamped in the frame. Start just below that aftermarket turn signal.

Edit: let us know if you need help compiling a parts list. I’ll start it: both front tow hooks, round fender mounted turn signals:D

Awesome rig, and great story! Welcome to mud! :flipoff2:

Thank you all for the kind words!

Yes, there is MUCH Panda needs. Lots of missing parts, rear bumper, no doors, top. Lots of interior parts Gas tank. The more I think the more I come up with, LOL. Have alot to learn! My goal when making repairs is to put it back together as close to original as possible. I've been told some components from newer gen Land Cruisers will bolt up. Like brakes for example? I'm sure I'll be asking lots of stupid questions in the months to come :D Here's one, what's meant by flipping the bezel?

Will get some more pictures when I get Panda drug out of the barn in the next week or so .

Is my bezel upside down, or is this an insider thing flipping them. Inquisitive minds must know!

Jdc1, I'm in Ashtabula County. Just off Pymatuning Lake.

Your bezel is upside down, sir.

Nice Truck , I love the Pin Stripes !

- This is the only Data ID plate on a 1967 , there was No drivers side door Jamb until 1969 model year

- below is a example of your period correct DATA ID Plate Tag

- The round brass T-67 tag is also factory correct

- @JohnnyC example of the frame # example is correct , Please see photo below on how it should look Live after being exposed and later Klear coated with UV rated marine grade Lacquer

DSCN5517.JPG
DSCN2988.JPG
DSCN2991.JPG
DSCN3002.JPG
DSCN3008.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom