1992 fj80 Bolt size for passenger seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I took my second row passenger seats out last summer and I misplaced the bolts for them. Does anyone know off hand what size I need to replace them? I can't find any information on this.

I know on my 93 they are the same as the front and the anchors for the third row seats in the floor use the same bolts. You can take one of those out and try to match it at the hardware store. I’m pretty sure you can still get them from Toyota too.

Id guess m12x1.25 or m14x1.5, leaning towards the latter. Toyota is pretty consistent in their bolt pitches too so if you can come up with a hole diameter then you'll know. Id bet m14 though

M10 x 1.25

All rows are the same size

image.jpg

M10 x 1.25

All rows are the same size

View attachment 1679351

Hey @CaptClose

Can U please elaborate on your handy dandy unique thread pitch gunge , i see it measures " Fine " nuts Too over a post ?

this seems like a Must have tool :)

In other words I must have one !

I have never seen this elaborate set up before

Thanks

Sure Matt...

It’s not really unique, just an ordinary nut and bolt gauge you can pickup at most hardware stores. I use mine all the time. I think I got it for free at Fastener store.

3F935403-7237-4661-ACCA-F69CDB91B181.jpeg

I don’t really use it for nuts because there’s just way more bolts on a Cruiser.

Anyway, just take your bolt and slide it into the hole that fits best and then check the thread pitch by laying it across the pitch gauge. Couldn’t be easier.

Here’s an amazon link, but I think you can get these cheaper (or free) locally.

Stainlesstown Nut Bolt Thread Gauge (Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XUUGKTC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_4CH1AbFXDAMSR

i have something similar but it does not dive deep into the metric system like your does

Thanks for link

this is what is have and it Blo#s !

no back side detail

heavy on SAE light on the Metric system :mad:

DSCN0111.JPG
DSCN0112.JPG

Yeah man... yours just looks vintage. Get the upgrade brother haha

What length are these bolts. I am in the same situation as well and need to pick up all the bolts for my second row seating on my 1991 LC

What length are these bolts. I am in the same situation as well and need to pick up all the bolts for my second row seating on my 1991 LC

Going by memory... Maybe around 25mm-ish long.

Not entirely related but do your guys' seat bolts require more force to screw/unscrew than most? Whenever I put mine in I am terrified that I am somehow cross threading it, but I'm not.

Not entirely related but do your guys' seat bolts require more force to screw/unscrew than most? Whenever I put mine in I am terrified that I am somehow cross threading it, but I'm not.
yeah mine seem "too hard" going in.
I wire wheeled them (rust, crud) and anti seized and went in a lot easier but still needed more torque than I would of thought.

I always chase the threads with a die and retap the holes. They go in like butter after that.

Chase the threads, and use zinc or copper some anti-sieze.
Make sure the seat brackets are lined up to allow the bolt to thread in true.
I've galled a couple over the years, and the above definitely helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom